• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Northern Crock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern Crock

Anything new with Norther Crock ?

Their share price continues to tumble, right down to £1.50, was around £6.00 when they announced they would get cash from the BoE.

Did anyone have a punt, some here were making noise that they would buy early 2 weeks ago and be onto a winner.

Does NRK have any Customers left, have all of the Customers withdrawn their deposits ?

Milan.

It'll be bought and asset-stripped/rebranded soon, there's no way they can recover, as they're borrowing from the market at a higher rate than their lending prices - they're bleeding money.

I wouldn't touch the shares with a bargepole. Alliance & Leicester was a better bet.

Comment

Update - two U.S. hedge funds, JC Flowers and Cerberus, have been given permission to discuss a takeover, and LTSB is still in the game. Shareholders will get "diddly-nothing".

Sources:
      Reuters
      Bloomberg

Comment

They have lots of mortgage customers, the share price is lower than the asset value, it's been overdone as usual.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Yes a lot of

foolish private investors

bought stock last week and made a 20% loss in a few days.

As the article points out there are loads of "liquid" alternative shares much more likely to go up, so it looks like the "herding" instinct took over.
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 October 2007, 12:14.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

That link doesn't work Blaster

edit: that was fast!

"experts", these were the same people saying buy at £12 a few months ago.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 1 October 2007, 11:28.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I was going to buy some but was only planning on having them for 1 day. i.e. to benefit from the govt statement and make a quick buck. In the end I couldn't find a way to get them in time and so had to miss out.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

They rose from 160 to >£2 in the same day last week, it will probably happen again today

Comment

I bought a few weeks ago when they were in around 7.50.
                  I bought early pm (£7.40) and then sold early am (£7.22) the next day as I realised it was the wrong thing to do. Invested 2K only lost £100. Now that was the best move I have every done. I call this the best loss ever. I could of lost around £1.5K if I kept them.

Comment

you can rest assured lads, if I was to buy some they'd go down

Milan 'unlucky in shares' Benes.

Comment

Working...
                    X