• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Options for a weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options for a weekend

Towards the end of this month it will be that time when me and the wife celebrate the day when we finally stopped living in sin. So to mark this day I want to book a couple of nights away - the mother in law has agreed to have the little ones for a couple of nights. So where would you pick. A couple of years ago we went to Prague and she really liked that. She wants to go to the lakes but I'm not that keen.

Long haul is out as we only have a couple of nights, so no belting off to New York.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Towards the end of this month it will be that time when me and the wife celebrate the day when we finally stopped living in sin. So to mark this day I want to book a couple of nights away - the mother in law has agreed to have the little ones for a couple of nights. So where would you pick. A couple of years ago we went to Prague and she really liked that. She wants to go to the lakes but I'm not that keen.

Long haul is out as we only have a couple of nights, so no belting off to New York.
    Sunderland. Nothing to see or do so you can stay in the hotel all day and work on producing kid number 3.

HTH

Comment

No the obvious destination but I took my better half to Brussels around 18 months back and she loved it to bits.

Got a really good deal through Expedia as all the bl00dy beaurocrats head home for the weekend and the hotels drop all the prices, plus it's an hour on the plane.

Comment

I had toyed with the idea of Brussels. Not keen on Sunderland though.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I thought all you northerners only went to Blackpool?

Comment

funnily enough I was going to Antwerpen

if you want to combine a beautiful town small enough to walk around, beautiful architecture, great restaurants, and for the Mrs....

some of the best shopping in Europe

amazing this small town Antwerp and it has all of the biggest yuppiest shops like Luis Vitton etc and an amazing shopping street called the Meir

all the best,

Milan.

Comment

Vienna. Lots to see and do. Romantic referances. Not too far. Big enough to be interesting. Small enough that you can do a good chunk of it in a weekend.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Brussels

It's a bit of a dump. Apart from the Grand Place the only other "attractions" are a little boy taking a piss and a sculpture of a molecule (never fully explained why).

Go to Bruges, it's an hour by train from Brussels, or Amsterdam, Antwerp or Ghent.

Comment

You can't go wrong with Rome; it’s beautiful, historic, romantic, and surprisingly reasonable compared to other Italian cities.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Paris of course.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X