• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year

Seeings as it's got a little bit cold and everyone seems to be talking xmas (it is only October you know?)..

the g'friend has just asked where we should go away to for New Year !!

has anyone ever had a good new year away?

last year we went to Edinburgh for hogmanay.. cancelled
    year before we stayed at our local.. got caught up in a fight from local scallies
    year before ex g'friend and I had a huge row mainly from being too drunk

Any ideas of where to go / what to do? ladies/girlies, where's the best New Year you've had?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    Seeings as it's got a little bit cold and everyone seems to be talking xmas (it is only October you know?)..

the g'friend has just asked where we should go away to for New Year !!

has anyone ever had a good new year away?

last year we went to Edinburgh for hogmanay.. cancelled
    year before we stayed at our local.. got caught up in a fight from local scallies
    year before ex g'friend and I had a huge row mainly from being too drunk

Any ideas of where to go / what to do? ladies/girlies, where's the best New Year you've had?
    I usually try to be somewhere hot for the new year. Goa this year, Morroco is good, big hotels usually have a whole evening planned if you are feeling lazy.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      Luxury* Xmas puddings were on sale in Lidl* last week...

(*this may of course be a contradiction in terms)
      Last edited by zeitghost; 1 October 2007, 15:32.

Comment

been selling them in sainsbury's for atleast 3 weeks now

Comment

Let me guess: best before November 23rd...

Comment

I'm off to the middle of nowhere in France. No way to be contacted by family,friends or work.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

We rent a cottage in Cornwall miles from anywhere and ignore the rest of the world.

Long walks, open fires, plenty of food and booze and NO fecking computers

Comment

Ski-ing for me, every year regular as clockwork. There's no better hangover cure on a New Year morning than deep powder and empty chairlifts. I recommend Andorra, but then I have a vested interest in Plan B.

Best ever New Year, though, was Puerta Penasca in Mexico. 7 hour drive through Arizona (best scenery in the world) followed by border guard shenanigans and tequila till 6am. Happy days.... :Happy
                Plan A is located just about here.
                If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Snowboarding hol is in Feb

Comment

If you lot are going to take so much time off then how do poor agents like me earn any money
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X