• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meningitis breakout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meningitis breakout

Anyone know anything about meningitis?

One of the children at the nursery my daughter goes to has just been taken out with meningitis. Is it safe to send her????

Every thing on the net talks about what it is, not what to do ?

Anyone any experience?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Had no direct experience but if a similar situation happened with our nursery then I would not have my children attend until I had received advice from the nursery and my GP.

Comment

No idea (the only person I ever knew got it was a middle aged friend of my mothers and she very nearly died) but LOGICALLY MF, surely the facts about meningitis (and you do not even appear to know what variety it is) have absolutely nothing whatever to do with it. If your daughter is potentially at risk then she does not go until you have absolute assurances she is safe.

PS And I wouldn't believe the official bastards anyway.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 1 October 2007, 18:34.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Chap at uni had meningitis.

Only folk living in his flat were vaccinated - everybody else was told to monitor each other for a few weeks.

Nursery should have procedures for this sort of thing?

Edit: this looks handy

http://info.rwcmd.ac.uk/content/pdf/..._sept_2005.pdf
        Last edited by Moscow Mule; 1 October 2007, 18:29.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

They've told everyone, but haven't actually said what you do.

I mean do you not send your kid in for a day,week,month?????

Comment

Sorted. Phone NHS Direct.

Comment

What you need to do is get yourself off to the nearest hospital immediately, stopping on the way at the garage to stock up on petrol, asda to buy a trunk full of bread, and Northern Rock to take out every single penny you have with them.

HTH.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                MF - I thought you are in the US, are you back?
                What did you find out from the NHS direct, I'd be interested to know.

P.S: ignore non-parents giving wise comments

Comment

Anyone know anything about meningitis?

Anyone any experience?
                  Both of my little ones have been rushed in with suspected meningitis at different times, and lucky it was some strange infection.

They did say if it had come out positive then the nursery/family who have been in contact needed vacination, but after 10 days in isolation we we allowed to leave.

What did they say ?

Comment

Ring NHS direct - they're tulipe, but the long wait to speak to anyone and the guaranteed hilariously inadequate/hilariously obvious response will take your mind off it.

Seriously: see your GP.

Comment

Working...
                    X