• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting through a Chore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting through a Chore

Question of the day, how do you get through doing a dull mundane chore?

Sometimes when I'm folding laundry, I pretend that I've just won the lottery and I'm packing all the clothes up to take to Oxfam

Depends what the chore is.

If it reading one of your posts, it helps If I envisage you as being a hot model in a tight mini-skirt and even tighter blouse with a pair of spectacles delicately balanced on the tip of your nose.

Comment

Try humming a particularly stirring tune. Onward Christian Soldiers is my usual, but lately I've taken a shine to No Motherland Without You, which is kind of Kim Jong Il's theme tune in the DPRK. Get it here: http://songun-blog.blogspot.com/2005...ar-leader.html
      (not work-recommended as the site does a teeny bit glorify a totalitarian dictatorship)

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
        folding laundry

???
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
          Question of the day, how do you get through doing a dull mundane chore?

Sometimes when I'm folding laundry, I pretend that I've just won the lottery and I'm packing all the clothes up to take to Oxfam
          I have no idea. I'll see what the missus says.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            I have no idea. I'll see what the missus says.

but no you deserve this

Comment

You would win the lottery and then spend time thinking about Oxfam? What a saint SA! When I imagine winning the lottery I go through the list of all the people I would have killed.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                You would win the lottery and then spend time thinking about Oxfam? What a saint SA! When I imagine winning the lottery I go through the list of all the people I would have killed.
                Hope you're not confusing Sandy with Sally mate !!

Back on the subject, now you spoilt my fantasy when doing the laundry and folding all kids clothes ..sheeesh , need to think of another fantasy

Comment

OK, I am going to pretend someone will come in tomorrow while I'm at work and fold all the laundry for me.

Oh wait, may be he/sh will clean my oven too

Comment

are you a contractor or a permie??

get some staff!
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X