• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inheritance Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inheritance Tax

A masterstroke from the Conservatives on IHT, one of the most sinister and unfair taxes in Britain, and a perfectly judged figure of £1 million.
    I fear it is too little too late for influencing the next general election, but could be a decider for the one after that (by which time the number of people affected will be millions rather than hundreds of thousands).

Only mugs will fall for this.

IHT is a cash cow and no Govt will kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Only mugs will fall for this.

IHT is a cash cow and no Govt will kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Wake up.

"Shadow chancellor George Osborne said under a Conservative government estates worth less than £1 million would not be liable to the tax"

So if they got in they'd just say "er, no its a joke". You are the fool, just arguing for the sake of it.

Comment

Significant I'd say. That single announcement will bring back many Tories fed up with Camoron. Wise move.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
          "Shadow chancellor George Osborne said under a Conservative government estates worth less than £1 million would not be liable to the tax"
          Wait for the detailed conditions - estates worth less than £1 million, not including shares, cash, property or assets, will be exempt.

ISTR Labour saying in their manifesto "we have no plans to introduce fees for students; in fact we have taken steps to legislate against that happening". See how that one panned out.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You must vote Labour and increase immigration beyond the 200K current level.

My huge portfolio of BTL property depends on it.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
              You must vote Labour and increase immigration beyond the 200K current level.

My huge portfolio of BTL property depends on it.
              i love the word "portfolio" it just reminds me of sarah beenys tits bobbing up and down as she`s kicking a stud wall down.
              Last edited by unemployed; 1 October 2007, 21:47.

Comment

Agree, £1 million is a sensible number, they were losing votes by killing it completely because 'the rich toffs got away with it'.

One more sensible call for the tories. When are they going after the open goals of immigration, PFI, council tax, road charging, ID cards etc?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

ew abour need to win the next election otherwise the incumbents will be saddled with and blamed for the mess when it all erupts

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    ew abour need to win the next election otherwise the incumbents will be saddled with and blamed for the mess when it all erupts

Milan.
                    Milan, I asked you before, and I'm going to ask you again, please, please stop talking such tulipe!

Comment

Working...
                    X