• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C4 Dispatches - immigrants really good for Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C4 Dispatches - immigrants really good for Britain

Except Somalis, Pakistanis, Turks, North Africans, and Bangladeshis that is.

The Portuguese are "stupid, lazy and poor, like Pakistanis". I can't believe this is going out on British TV.

Indians are the best - "dead brainy, and least burden on public services", along with Americans.
    Last edited by GreenerGrass; 1 October 2007, 20:19.

Comment

Not rocket science but surely the usefulness of any potential migrant (in the absense of a system to properly evaluate the individual that is) is fairly well indicated by the nature of the society they come from. People make their societies and societies shape their people.

ps absence yeh yeh
      Last edited by xoggoth; 1 October 2007, 22:37.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

[QUOTE=GreenerGrass;310469]The Portuguese are "stupid, lazy and poor, like Pakistanis". I can't believe this is going out on British TV.
        QUOTE]

Jean Charles de Menezes got up early to work as an electrician. Perhaps that's why they shot him - he was ruining the stats.

Comment

agreed

im a pakistani and i think there a major issue in high ethnic areas for sure..but no bums in my family and its a big family except 1 cousin who gets a lot of headaches other then that every single one of my cousins works!

so myth exposed hehe

but i been to places like kieghley and oldham where it can suck..

indians r mega hard workers i have to admit but the word immigrant should be banned...its just has so many over tones to it!!

war cro-cop

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
            The Portuguese are "stupid, lazy and poor, like Pakistanis". I can't believe this is going out on British TV
            Jean Charles de Menezes got up early to work as an electrician. Perhaps that's why they shot him - he was ruining the stats.
            Wasn't he Brazillian?

Comment

maybe they should compare legality of arrival with stress on the system? If the immigrants follow the rules IMHO they are more likely to be the kind of people we need. If they lie & cheat to get in whats to stop them continuing?

Nothing to do with race.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                maybe they should compare legality of arrival with stress on the system? If the immigrants follow the rules IMHO they are more likely to be the kind of people we need. If they lie & cheat to get in whats to stop them continuing?

Nothing to do with race.
                You are Mayor Giuliani and I claim my 10 dollars (around £5 sterling ish).

Zero tolerance!!!

If you run a red light, who's to say you don't get up to all other kinds of tulip!

Comment

The wife deals with Banladeshis all day long. They are her worst "customers", they don't want to pay for anything. And they are the worst abusers of the immigration system.

Pakistanis are mainly from the north, which is the poorest most illiterate part. Which I think was by design. But I think the nature of Islamic teaching in the area which discourages science, math etc.. has played a strong part.

India got all the educational system at partition and that has contributed much. Hinduism has always been about working hard anyway, which has brought the success and attitude you see.

Too late to kick anybody out now. One could argue that considering the sh*t way the British Raj was to them, Britian is now getting its comeuppance.

Can't say much about the rest...as didn't watch the programme.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

can you expand a bit on how tulip the raj was to them

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                    X