• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All your phonecalls are belong to us...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All your phonecalls are belong to us...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7021647.stm

Have we done this little gem before?

Even the fecking parish council will have access to your phone records...

Big Brother really is watching you...

"And the third level which is purely for the security forces, police, etc, is not just the subscriber information and the calls made, but also the calls coming in and location data - where the calls are made from."
    What fecking "security forces"?

That one crept under the radar, just like the law about being 18 to buy fags!

Security Services, surely...

Comment

The Home Office said the plans had been through a public consultation.
      Public consultation eh??? Odd, I must have missed that. What? everyone else did too??

Probably a similar sort of consulation to this one:-

http://drraysfocalspot.blogspot.com/...tation_21.html
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Good point, just who are the security forces? Never heard of them before.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Yes we did this gem when the RIP act was being proposed, but I thought chunks of it had been knocked back.

Anyway, this isn't the whole story - Your data are belong to us
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

security forces? Never heard of them before.
            Nothing to see here lads, just move along.

It's in all our best interests you see, and anyone who asks awkward questions either has something to hide or is an underground agitator. Either way, both are undesirable and will be dealt with.

<End of Transmission from the Ministry of Security & Happiness>
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

You are Undesirable Number One in the new order.

We know where you live, who you ring, and why.

Tell me, Mr Zeitghost, have you ever fancied a trip to Cuba?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If you buy a 'pays as you go' sim card are you required to give proof of ID?
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  If you buy a 'pays as you go' sim card are you required to give proof of ID?
                  If you pay in cash, I believe so. But you'll be alright if you use a stolen credit-card.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    If you pay in cash, I believe so. But you'll be alright if you use a stolen credit-card.
                    Nope - I've bought a PAYG sim recently for cash and wasn't asked for any ID
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                    X