• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Volvos not doing too well against Fords...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volvos not doing too well against Fords...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7022746.stm

Another dead Volvo driver...

And what's with this business of driving the wrong way up the motorway?

Is it catching or what?

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Is it catching or what?
    I blame the Welsh separatists.

Comment

Maybe he fell for the old Hale and Pace sketch set in Sweden

"Later, we can go out for a crash in the Volvo - it's perfectly safe"
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Is it catching or what?
        I think someone pointed out, when a tiny Renault was crashed into an old giant Volvo estate, the Volvo was totalled and the crash test dummies lost their legs. Poor things.

Old Volvos, they're big, they ain't safe.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

So does the old advertising mantra "Volvos - they're boxy, but they're good" no longer hold true?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Volvos never were safe. It was all fancy marketing. Yes, if you got into an accident you might have a slightly lower risk of injury, but due to the horrific design this was more than outweighed by the chances of the Volvo driver causing an accident in the first place. Mainly due hideously placed blind spots.

Not for nothing that many motorcyclists hate the blessed things.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Volvos never were safe. It was all fancy marketing. Yes, if you got into an accident you might have a slightly lower risk of injury, but due to the horrific design this was more than outweighed by the chances of the Volvo driver causing an accident in the first place. Mainly due hideously placed blind spots.

Not for nothing that many motorcyclists hate the blessed things.
              You are a crash test dummy and I claim a free valet for my car.

Comment

erm..

1/ Volvos are safe, one of the first manufacturers to have safety features like air bags, crumple zones etc..

2/ they go on forever, while the equivalent age ford has rusted the volvo is still alive. However..

3/ old cars suffer form metal fatigue, a car rusts inside out as well as outside in
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The basic aerodynamic design of the car is modelled on a breeze-block. What jarhead came up with that? You can find sausages with more panache and style than that!! Their only redeeming feature was their alleged safety. If that is a myth then God help them!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The 1980's bricks were safe in their day.

Compared to a modern car which uses high strength steel safety cage, modern crumple zones, airbags everywhere etc, they are just a giant heavy death trap to the occupants.

They look hideous too. Hate the things.
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X