• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fire crew fined for 'gay slur'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire crew fined for 'gay slur'

http://www.epost.co.uk/displayNode.j...entPK=18562849

"They have been treated as the criminals in this case and it has been completely forgotten that they may have witnessed a criminal activity occurring in a public place."

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Avon Fire and Rescue Service is now considering paying the fines to an overseas gay-rights charity, Jamaican Forum for Lesbians All-Sexuals and Gays (J-FLAG).

So distributing semen in a park is OK but...

http://www.eveningleader.co.uk/news/...for.3249671.jp

and he didn't even do it.

How would you explain this to a child?

Well johnny, it's a mans right to expose himself infront of other men in a public place, however it is morally corrupt not to say disgusting and perverted scum who throw ciggies out of a car windows
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 3 October 2007, 11:58.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      and he didn't even do it.
      He says that he didn't do it - that's not necessarily the same thing!

It does seem in this case that there is no evidence, so he should get off, but just because he says he didn't do it, don't make it fact.

I seem to recall a group of Irishmen in Birmingham saying that they didn't bomb anywhere, but see what happened there.

Oh.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I seem to recall a group of Irishmen in Birmingham saying that they didn't bomb anywhere, but see what happened there

Yes, a jury found them not guilty. And your point is?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Sorry yes I forgot it's Guilty without the right to prove innocence these days isn't it?

How silly of me
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Unbelievable.

This kind of nonsense discredits the good work that anti-hate crime teams do every day. Not all LGBT/race relations/disability rights etc organisations are like this.

Comment

Working...
            X