• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

shahira law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shahira law

Did anyone watch the show on BBC2 the other night about this.

Imagine, going to another country and wanting to change the legal system, or run your own alongside it. It just isn't fair, secularism must be wrong. Freedom, what a concept? Church and state in a marriage of blood.

Because it works SO well in all of those other forward thinking modern countries.

When will enough be enough??

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

I just wish they would shut up about it - its not gonna happen.

All that caliphate crap too.

Comment

Who's Shahira? Is she one of those celebs? And what's her law?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yeah, just imagine killing thousands of locals so that you can impose your own ideas of democracy and control their natural resources.

That would never happen, surely.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Yeah, just imagine killing thousands of locals so that you can impose your own ideas of democracy and control their natural resources.

That would never happen, surely.
          FFS we hardly have our own citizens being murdered, or going missing as they do/did in the places identified from your thinly-veiled reference...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post

Imagine, going to another country and wanting to change the legal system, or run your own alongside it. It just isn't fair, secularism must be wrong. Freedom, what a concept? Church and state in a marriage of blood.

Because it works SO well in all of those other forward thinking modern countries.

When will enough be enough??

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
            Are you drunk?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Are you drunk?
              She's a little light upstairs.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Who's Shahira? Is she one of those celebs? And what's her law?
                That her hips don't lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  I caught a tiny bit whilst flicking through various other channels in a bout of rampant xenophobia.

They put it to an African cleric about how ridiculous it was needing four witnesses to get a rapist convicted.
                  To counter he claimed the law about rape needing four witnesses works both ways for a woman - she won't be punished (for being raped) if there are not four witnesses to say she offered herself!! Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
                    I caught a tiny bit whilst flicking through various other channels in a bout of rampant xenophobia.

They put it to an African cleric about how ridiculous it was needing four witnesses to get a rapist convicted.
                    To counter he claimed the law about rape needing four witnesses works both ways for a woman - she won't be punished (for being raped) if there are not four witnesses to say she offered herself!! Unbelievable.
                    When Troll's away, GreenerGrass comes out to play.

Funny, never see the two of 'em in the same room at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                    X