• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London has the world best public transport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London has the world best public transport

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7027322.stm

No, I couldn't believe it either

(Yes i know the title looks like it was written by a non native speaker of the language)
    Coffee's for closers

Voted for by tourists - they don't have to suffer the northern line at 8am!!!
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

As much as I whinge about it, I have to say for a city the size of London it ain't really bad compared to other cities.

Comment

I'd say given the volumes it has to deal with it's not that bad. It's way better than outside London. Not sure it's the best in the world though.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

What's the matter with you lot? I don't expect to come to CUK and find people claiming something British is working.

I want more of this

Bah humbug etc.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            What's the matter with you lot? I don't expect to come to CUK and find people claiming something British is working.

I want more of this

Bah humbug etc.
            As you wish -

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7027322.stm

No, I couldn't believe it either

(Yes i know the title looks like it was written by a non native speaker of the language)
              Well Stuttgart knocked spots off London when I was out there. I don't suppose they get as many tourists though.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                Well Stuttgart knocked spots off London when I was out there. I don't suppose they get as many tourists though.
                I think it's unfair to compare cities of 200-300k people with 10 million people cities so you can only compare London transport to a few cities in Europe.

Perhaps Paris can give a run for the money but I find it ridicolous when they want to compare Amsterdam or Zurich transport systems with London.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

What about the likes of New York, Tokyo?

Haven't the Chinese or Indians sorted out their transport systems with all the trillions $$$ they have?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                    I think it's unfair to compare cities of 200-300k people with 10 million people cities so you can only compare London transport to a few cities in Europe.

Perhaps Paris can give a run for the money but I find it ridicolous when they want to compare Amsterdam or Zurich transport systems with London.
                    Indeed. For a city of 8 million the transport is pretty good, if expensive.
                    Perhaps not in rush hour though.
                    A German acquaintance claims the bus system here should be the envy of the world. Of course this was before Ken's bendy buses.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X