• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Celtic Fans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celtic Fans

One for Shaunboy.......unless that was him last night.

What is your take on the Milan goalkeeper thing? I've not seen it, but Celtic could be in for some serious grief from Uefa.

It somewhat spoils a brilliant result for them.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Tony, it was the most comical bit of play-acting I've ever seen on a football pitch, and I've seen a few. You've got to see it, including the stretcher and ice-pack drama!

Significantly, Milan have said they won't be appealing the result. Celtic should be fined for the bloke running on, but the Milan keeper should get a ban for blantant wankerism.

Comment

Footballers are such cheats. Remember that Brazilian guy who got hit by the ball on the leg and went down clutching his face. Twat.

Compare that with rugby players. They get their heads almost taken off by tackles, but after a damp sponge they get up and play on.

Edit: ahem. Does someone want to check today's birthdays?
      Last edited by Moose423956; 4 October 2007, 09:03.

Comment

I heard that there was a bit of play acting involved but didn't realise it was that bad. I might have a look on you tube to see if it's been posted.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Also look at the Bremen - Piraeus game. Sanogo went over the top of the goalkeeper at the end of the game without touching him at all yet he had to be treated for a head injury (of course this was in extra time so basically a time waster, hate the little twats.)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Why do the people in charge of the game allow this to go on? Why do they not review the game afterwards and book players for cheating. I know the ref at the time has to make a snap decision, so if somebody is pretending to have a head injury, he has to take the appropriate action. If, as in the case mentioned above, there is no contact, then why do they not book the player for cheating after the event. If their players started missing games then they might reduce the cheating

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              Footballers are such cheats. Remember that Brazilian guy who got hit by the ball on the leg and went down clutching his face. Twat.

Compare that with rugby players. They get their heads almost taken off by tackles, but after a damp sponge they get up and play on.
              So gouging eyes out, stamping on testicals and biting ears off isn't cheating then?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                So gouging eyes out, stamping on testicals and biting ears off isn't cheating then?
                That doesn't happen so much in the professional era.

Edit: And it's a game for men, not overpaid woofters.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  Why do the people in charge of the game allow this to go on? Why do they not review the game afterwards and book players for cheating. I know the ref at the time has to make a snap decision, so if somebody is pretending to have a head injury, he has to take the appropriate action. If, as in the case mentioned above, there is no contact, then why do they not book the player for cheating after the event. If their players started missing games then they might reduce the cheating
                  They always say that if the ref dealt with the incident on the pitch then they can't deal with it retrospectively. Stupid, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                    That doesn't happen so much in the professional era.

Edit: And it's a game for men, not overpaid woofters.
                    Are we talking football or IT contracting?

The problem is the stakes are very high in the champions league and the premiership so players will sometimes use these tactics, we really don't have much of a problem compared to the continentals who see it as just another part of the game.

The lower down the leagues you go the less play acting you will see so you can't brand all footballers as 'overpaid woofters'.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X