• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quote from the Godfather III

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote from the Godfather III

In the Godfather Part 3 Michael states:

"The higher up you go, the crookeder it becomes"

As a young man he believed that the higher up in the legitimate world he climbed, the more decent and honest the people would be, only to discover the opposite.

Looking at the immorality and criminality among today's politicians, business elites and upper classes I have come to the conclusion that he is right. Do you think that Michael is right?
    Yes
    90.91%
    No
    9.09%
    Last edited by Nicky G; 4 October 2007, 20:46.

Where's the don't know option?

Not like anyone who posts on this board had climbed very far in the social circles referred to, so how would we know?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Where's the 'I am AndyW' option?
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm really important me. Right at the top. And I'm a right ****.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          Where's the don't know option?

Not like anyone who posts on this board had climbed very far in the social circles referred to, so how would we know?
          You don't have to be part of the establishment or business elite to answer the question. For instance, in my experience, having been to both, private school students are far more immoral, devious and corrupt than state school students.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky G View Post
            You don't have to be part of the establishment or business elite to answer the question. For instance, in my experience, having been to both, private school students are far more immoral, devious and corrupt than state school students.
            So what would I base my answer on - a few newsworthy corruption cases as a fair reflection of the upper echelons of the world we live in, meaning they're worse than organised crime?

May well be, but I've no clue so I'll pass.

State vs private school produces more immoral, corrupt and devious - dunno, I think people are people and the system they're in has less effect than the people who raised them in that respect. Maybe the opportunities and vision are less in state and those that way inclined just screw the system via different methods.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

i have noticed this myself...

privately educated (UK) blokes i work with are usually more political and use machiavellean tricks and positioning to get wot they want. they are less straightforward. basically they are more intelligent than us comprehensive bods that have "done alright for ourselves" to compete at their level. such people certainly keep you on your toes.

boarding school boys get institutionalised like in prison. they are always trying to outdo each other to be top boy.
              Last edited by brownie74; 4 October 2007, 23:01.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
                I'm really important me. Right at the top. And I'm a right ****.
                I always thought you were a 'king ****.
                Last edited by TheFaQQer; 5 October 2007, 08:29.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  I always thought you were a 'king ****.
                  I can't believe that they've added c n u t to the blocked words list!!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

In the Godfather Part 3 Michael states:

"The higher up you go, the crookeder it becomes"

As a young man he believed that the higher up in the legitimate world he climbed, the more decent and honest the people would be, only to discover the opposite.

Looking at the immorality and criminality among today's politicians, business elites and upper classes I have come to the conclusion that he is right. Do you think that Michael is right?
                    Nicky: Given that you think WW3 is about to happen, why the fook do you give a tinker's cuss about a fictional character's musings? Go back to your nuclear bunker (i.e. your garden shed) and count your bottled water rations.

Comment

Working...
                    X