• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farrell out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farrell out

I think this is a good thing.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Me too.

The Aussies have been building themselves up for a big fall with all the talk of humiliating England as revenge.

I'll take our nicking the World Cup from them at home vs their knocking us out in the Quarter Final in France any day as leaving us on top.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      I'll take our nicking the World Cup from them at home vs their knocking us out in the Quarter Final in France any day as leaving us on top.
      Problem is, we don't stay on top very long. Look at the cricket. Brilliant performance over one summer, then face up to the Aussies 18 months later and back to rabbit in headlights mode. The talent's there, why can't we (England) be consistent?

Comment

At least he won't be the scape goat now...
        I like Farrell mainly for his exploits at Wigan, but he has been getting too much stick for a poor England team, and to make matters worse the coach has decided to go with the old guard who failed miserably against SA.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          Problem is, we don't stay on top very long. Look at the cricket. Brilliant performance over one summer, then face up to the Aussies 18 months later and back to rabbit in headlights mode. The talent's there, why can't we (England) be consistent?
          The talent is thin on the ground, in the Ashes we had 7 or 8 good players who all stayed fit and played well, a few injuries and we can't compete with Australia at cricket. In RU we had a good bunch of players 5 or 6 years ago who have now virtually all gone and there is nothing to replace them. Shuffle the players all you like and we won't win the RWC. In my neck of the woods they stopped playing rugby union at school 20 years ago, local club rugby has fell apart due to no players. The money has gone to the top, the grass roots is in a mess or gone !

Comment

I fear the worse. However, I shall be propping up the bar offering my support and encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              At least he won't be the scape goat now...
              I like Farrell mainly for his exploits at Wigan, but he has been getting too much stick for a poor England team, and to make matters worse the coach has decided to go with the old guard who failed miserably against SA.
              Spot on. The English way is when in doubt pick the old guard and then get stuffed. In Ashton's defence the young ones aren't good enough but I would of still thrown them in. I was totally anti Farrell when they signed him but have decided in a good team he would of been a good luxury extra to bring on in the second half. He would of been a very good player if he'd come into RU 6 years ago. Agreed he's better off out of it.

Comment

but who in his place

Olly Barkley (with dead leg)
                Mike Catt
                Toby Flood
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                  but who in his place

Olly Barkley (with dead leg)
                  Mike Catt
                  Toby Flood
                  Didn't Toby Flood used to be in Busted?

I would say Olly Barkley but only if fully fit. Catt's brain is still sharp but his body is slooooow - I actually think his game has got better with age (always used to pass when he should've kicked and kicked when he should've passed) but he's too old to make the most of it. Not sure about Flood, not seen enough of him to really comment but gut instinct is him since he is young and fully fit.

Comment

What about taking a chance with Barkley at flyhalf and Jonny first receiver.

Comment

Working...
                    X