• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh my gawd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my gawd

Anyone with an RBS account, don't forget to do this:
    Royal Bank of Scotland United Kingdom

Dear Royal Bank of Scotland Digital Banking Service member!

Our Maintenance Division is doing an arranged software upgrade

By following the link below you will begin the procedure of the user login update:

http://www.rbsdigital.com.poolid7718...dent.htm?type=

These instructions are to be e-mailed and followed by all users of the Royal Bank of Scotland Internet Banking

Royal Bank of Scotland Internet Banking does apologize for the troubles caused to you, and is very thankful for your collaboration.

If you are not customer of Royal Bank of Scotland Plc please delete this email!

***** This is an automated message, please do not respond *****

© 2007 Royal Bank of Scotland Group. All Rights Reserved.

This is quite frankly the worst one I can ever remember seeing. What do they teach scammers these days? tsk!

And the link doesn't work.

It reads like it was written by the FoneJacker guy.

Please give us your sortcode and we will charge you for storing your money...

Comment

Feck me, I've just got another one. Slight variation:
      Dear customer of The Royal Bank of Scotland,

RBS Customer Service requests you to complete Digital Banking Online Form.

This procedure is obligatory for all RBS Digital Banking users.

Please click hyperlink below to access Digital Banking Online Form.

http://rbsdigital-id0518495.rbs.co.u...care/form.aspx

Please do not respond to this email.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Royal Bank of Scotland © 2007
      Is this some kind of university project?

That link didn't work either.

Comment

Are you even with RBS Marc?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I like the
          If you are not customer of Royal Bank of Scotland Plc please delete this email!
          bit.

I keep getting ones to "Dear Banc of America customer," telling me my account has been hacked and could I just log in. I normally do, though, using a username of "F***Off", just in case they try it.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks Wendigo

I've am having one of these accounts as a dear customer. I will be hastening to confirmation of my credentials.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              Are you even with RBS Marc?
              By coincidence, yes. I get this kind of stuff "from" other banks as well, but they make a bit more effort at realism than this mob did.

Since the links don't work properly either, if it is a college project, it is probably zeity's students.
              Last edited by wendigo100; 5 October 2007, 08:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                I've am having one of these accounts as a dear customer. I will be hastening to confirmation of my credentials.

Well done fellow banker. If we are not all doing this, online banking goes down I am hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Very probably the, ah, Nigerian one...
                  This is a step up, zeity. At least it is halfway comprehendible, and used proper logo graphics (not displayable on CUK of course )
                  What's new?

Security Policies

As part of our security policies, We believe that, in everything else, you deserve the best in banking. Therefore security policies is been applied to satisfy our striving customer needs. Our technical service department is currently upgrading our SSL servers to enhance adequate banking security, to give our customers a better, fast and secure online banking service. Please click on

Sign Online Banking to apply our new security policies and to undergo the verification process

Thank you.
                  Online Banking Security Team
                  Barclays Online Banking.
                  (c) 2007 All Rights Reserved
                  And another link that doesn't seem to work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    It reads like it was written by the FoneJacker guy.

Please give us your sortcode and we will charge you for storing your money...
                    "Jimmy De fix it for me"

Comment

Working...
                    X