• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Lewis Never Undersold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Lewis Never Undersold

Just bought a Panasonic plasma TV from JL and have found it cheaper in other UK shops. Anybody ever claimed a refund on the difference from JL before. Interested in the process i.e proof and time it takes to verify claim etc.

Cheers
    Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns.

Yep, but I think you only get 28 days and it has to be within a reasonable distance from their store, in stock and on display, just tell them where it is and they cough up without question.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
      Just bought a Panasonic plasma TV from JL and have found it cheaper in other UK shops. Anybody ever claimed a refund on the difference from JL before. Interested in the process i.e proof and time it takes to verify claim etc.

Cheers
      I did it before, I saw an ad. in the paper, brought it in. I think there is a time limit, as they checked the date on my bill against the date on the paper. Then gave me a refund.

HTH
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I know someone who bought a TV from there and 2 weeks later they were giving away a free DVD player with the same model so he rang and asked if he could have one, no problem.

I like JL.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          I did it before, I saw an ad. in the paper, brought it in. I think there is a time limit, as they checked the date on my bill against the date on the paper. Then gave me a refund.

HTH
          Was the advert for a shop local to the shop you purchased the item from? I thought the policy was any UK shop for the refund policy.

Comment

I think you will find its local stores otherwise they would have to match every Tom, Dick and Harry independent dealer whenever they have a one off promotion, saying that I got JL Bristol to price match Empire direct up north.

But if it's a national chain you shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

http://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/pdf/nku_jl.pdf

They will cover any 'normal' shop in the UK so I was wrong and JL are even better than I thought!

Comment

Thats the way I have read it as well. Just really wanted another perpesctive so I don't march in their and start ranting.

Thanks Jedi

Comment

JL: I have found their Customer Care to be A1, so maybe think about that? A thought, that's all.

Comment

It's also worth noting that empiredirect.co.uk have a retail outlet besides the internet. So you should be able to get them to price match against them also.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X