• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

barclays Insurance Money Back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

barclays Insurance Money Back

Just went into Barclays (liverpool) to get them to give me a quote for House insurance. Direct Line quoted me £190.05 for the year. Barclays came in with the identical package at £190.78.

The guy was gutted but said that if i ring their sales team number they will arrange for the policy to be written up where they will match my lower quote, give me £50 back and then if i keep it for at least the first month i will get another £50.

Worth a try.

p.s i don't work for Barclays and this is not spam although it does sound a bit like an advert for them. Basically you can do what the hell you like i don't care.

Thanks
    Cooperinliverp00l
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

That's funny - I just got a quote from them to renew and went out and did a search online and found the same insurance for almost 1/2 the price. Needless to say they're getting dropping with no chance of a counter quote since I don't like getting ripped off until I ask not to be.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

My house insurance is over £500 per year.

Either you guys live in £100K bedsits or I'm not getting the best possible deal.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
        My house insurance is over £500 per year.

Either you guys live in £100K bedsits or I'm not getting the best possible deal.
        Mine is a 3 bed detached....well will be when i get the papers through....oh yeah that might be never thanks to our postal service...of all the times to do it it had to be while in the process of completing on a house.

Comment

Is that for building or contents ??

One thing that I use that works really well is quidco.com, its a referal site.

I managed to get car insurance reduced by 90 quid this renewal by shopping around, and because I used the referal link my account will be credited with £95 just for using them.
          Money for old rope....

Comment

Mine is expensive also (643 - paid last night) but its buildings and contents. I have unlimited contents insurance, so when my house burns down I'm not sure how much they will pay for all those works of art which I have kicking about the place.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Yes mine covers my collection of novelty gonks, valued at over £500K.

Comment

I run a simple life with simple things. The most expensive thing in our house is our TV our insurance is for Building and Contents and also includes accidental damage.

I must have a little house compared to some of you who's insurances are up in the 6 hundreds

Comment

blimey. my renewal came through from Sainsburys for 810. Looked on gocompare (or one of those broker sites) and got it for 590. Coops, you must be in a low crime part of liverpool. Is that next to Narnia and the Bermuda Triangle?
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Barclays were very cheap about a couple of years ago but they have tried pushing up their premiums to existing customers recently. Noticed ours had gone up by 30%, queried it and accepted a 5% rise. £220 for building and contents.

Comment

Working...
                    X