• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car park tax coming in.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car park tax coming in.

From 2010, companies will be charged £185 per parking space per year if they have 10 or more spaces.

Expect to see companies sell off the car parks or convert them, apart from 9 spaces for the Directors to use. Or you can pay the £185 yourself no doubt.

Good old New Labour. Always thinking of ways to tax in stealth mode.

Stop press - of course the Conservatives will have won an election by then, so we won't have to pay.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    From 2010, companies will be charged £185 per parking space per year if they have 10 or more spaces.

Expect to see companies sell off the car parks or convert them, apart from 9 spaces for the Directors to use. Or you can pay the £185 yourself no doubt.

Good old New Labour. Always thinking of ways to tax in stealth mode.

Stop press - of course the Conservatives will have won an election by then, so we won't have to pay.
    Ha ha...sweet. Looks like my daily goes up to compensate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Ha ha...sweet. Looks like my daily goes up to compensate.
      Me too. Another 80p a day.

Comment

Dot be silly. £5/day to deal with this.

80p for the car tax and £4.20 to invest in sources of greener transport for myCo.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I wouldn't bet on it - Didn't the Tories recently propose charging for supermarket car parking ? I thought Cameron had really lost the plot, alienating every shopper in the land, but luckily most voters seem to have memories like goldfish and nothing has been heard about the idea since. Please God don't let him be stupid enough to mention it ever again!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X