• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

this cant be good

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this cant be good

http://www.obv.org.uk/index.php?opti...tpage&Itemid=1
    are they planning to take over the legal system?

This can't be good:

http://tinyurl.com/3czeg2

Comment

Who's "they"?

Comment

What is a BME? Googled, and all I saw was Biomedical Engineering and Body Piercing. Shome mishake, shurely?

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
          What is a BME? Googled, and all I saw was Biomedical Engineering and Body Piercing. Shome mishake, shurely?
          Black Minority Ethnic.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Black Minority Ethnic.
            Ah, the natives are rebelling.

Shall we declare war?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Black Minority Ethnic.
              Thanks. Not sure what I think of members of some minority groups becoming magistrates: they'd have, surely, a minority take on things? I DO see the sense in having minority consultation groups, whereby the "generic" magistrates could consult with such groups for an "inside view" on a defendent's actions, say relating to culture, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X