• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Super rich tax dodging non-doms biggest party donors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super rich tax dodging non-doms biggest party donors

http://money.guardian.co.uk/tax/inco...186155,00.html

Do you support the non-doms? Should those living here have to pay some tax, or do you think "good on em, I wish I could legally avoid tax."

Anyone here a registered non-dom that avoids tax on their contracting income be using an offshore company for invoicing UK clients?

Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Great idea! Is the Isle of Man the best place to do this?
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        Great idea! Is the Isle of Man the best place to do this?
        Super, super, super rich maybe. I didn't qualify
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          http://money.guardian.co.uk/tax/inco...186155,00.html

Do you support the non-doms? Should those living here have to pay some tax, or do you think "good on em, I wish I could legally avoid tax."
          I support them. Good on 'em.

It's a bit of a misnomer really there's no such thing as a non-dom, only a somewhere-else dom. So the somewhere-else would just tax the contracting income instead.

Funny commie newspaper complaining the "rocketing" number of non-doms is caused by greedy tax dodgers and nothing to do with Labour opening the immigration floodgates. Could it be possible that there are more non-doms because more people in Britain from overseas? doh.

I am interested in buying a house without paying stamp duty though, so I'd be grateful if someone can post details of that.

Comment

ahhh. One way to do it is to have the seller agree on a sale £1 less than the threshold...and you mortgage that amount. then you give the remainder of the "sale price" in cash to the seller. But this only works when you have a lot of cash on hand.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

ahhh. One way to do it is to have the seller agree on a sale £1 less than the threshold...and you mortgage that amount. then you give the remainder of the "sale price" in cash to the seller. But this only works when you have a lot of cash on hand.
              I think it's more like you set up an overseas trust to own the house. Similar to your solution but without the jail time. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Wow, you sound like a financial genius.

The non-doms have a simpler means. Tick one box on your tax return (I am a non-dom) and stop paying tax. Beat that.

Comment

It's simpler than that - don't have any taxable income in the UK in the first place, then you won't need to furnish a return at all!!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    It's simpler than that - don't have any taxable income in the UK in the first place, then you won't need to furnish a return at all!!
                    Unless you are domiciled here. Where upon ALL income, UK or worldwide is taxable.

So I assume you don't live in the UK at all?

Comment

Working...
                    X