• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

place to stay in Reading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

place to stay in Reading

ok,

latest gig is in Reading Business Park and I'm looking for recommendations on a place to stay weekdays. Dont mind a small commute by train (i'm leaving the car oop north as i want a beer on the way back on fridays rather than being stuck around Spaghetti Junction listening to traffic reports).

Only pre-req is that broadband is available (and not @ £1 a min) for the lonely boring evenings in.

Anywhere is better than a lifeless city center hotel.

suggestions on a postcard to the usual address or alternatively on here

Thanks

Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Can't help with hotels, etc. But a bit of entertainment can be had by looking for the bloke who carries around an Elvis LP cover and gesticulates at the bus stop where the Business Park folk get on the bus. An X Factor candidate, if ever there was one.

Comment

I stayed here : http://allhoteldeals.laterooms.com/e...l-Reading.aspx

recently and found it good value. I was driving in to Thames Valley Park everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        ok,

latest gig is in Reading Business Park and I'm looking for recommendations on a place to stay weekdays. Dont mind a small commute by train (i'm leaving the car oop north as i want a beer on the way back on fridays rather than being stuck around Spaghetti Junction listening to traffic reports).

Only pre-req is that broadband is available (and not @ £1 a min) for the lonely boring evenings in.

Anywhere is better than a lifeless city center hotel.

suggestions on a postcard to the usual address or alternatively on here

Thanks

Chef

I stayed in a rather glum but cheap place in Reading...

www.elmhursthotel.co.uk

It is glum, cheap, glum....and did I mention glum? But it is cheap!!!
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

cheap = good
          wireless internet = good
          glum = baaaad, 3 months away in this armpit of the UK

been looking at serviced apartments but they are feckin expensive and no where near as modenr comfy and niec as those in manchester..

will keep looking
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Place to stay in Reading

on the M4.

HTH
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              cheap = good
              wireless internet = good
              glum = baaaad, 3 months away in this armpit of the UK

been looking at serviced apartments but they are feckin expensive and no where near as modenr comfy and niec as those in manchester..

will keep looking
              What about looking at Newbury...not too far from Reading?
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Didcot is one stop on the intercity (15 minutes to Reading Centre). Might be cheaper as it is in the middle of nowhere.
                Last edited by DimPrawn; 8 October 2007, 11:12.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Didcot is one stop on the intercity (15 minutes to Reading Centre). Might be cheaper as it is in the middle of nowhere.
                  Reading is like Mayfair compared to Didcot.....don't do it!

Comment

I am in an excellent Guest House in Newbury but I know she has another room that she lets.....

Comment

Working...
                    X