• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBOS And ABN

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBOS And ABN

Not good for British employees IMO, its virtually impossible to make a dutch permy redundent.

Anyway poll of the day, what time frame in days do you think they will work to to determine which of the banks systems they will use, considering they have many overlaps and can only go with 1 ? . I have already been told a figure
    10 - 20
    11.11%
    21 - 30
    11.11%
    31 - 40
    0.00%
    41 - 50
    11.11%
    51 - 60
    11.11%
    61 - 70
    11.11%
    71 - 89
    44.44%
    Last edited by MobileCheese; 8 October 2007, 21:34.

Well from my understanding ABN Amro is a dog, and there's a reason it's getting bought out ...
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Will it be as big as the NatWest integration project?

Will it be the natives/imports/offshore chaps who get all the work?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by MobileCheese View Post
        Not good for British employees IMO, its virtually impossible to make a dutch permy redundent.

Anyway poll of the day, what time frame in days do you think they will work to to determine which of the banks systems they will use, considering they have many overlaps and can only go with 1 ? . I have already been told a figure
        where's the WGAS option?

Hopefully the new owners will move the job offshore where they belong, and city boys will get a P45.

Comment

It's not being integrated into RBS, it's going to be asset stripped by a consortium.

The staff at Barclays HQ must be mightily relieved.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            It's not being integrated into RBS, it's going to be asset stripped by a consortium.

The staff at Barclays HQ must be mightily relieved.
            whaddaya think they will do wiv the the assets they strip?

all separate stand alone enterties?
            Last edited by Troll; 8 October 2007, 22:24.
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Most likely they won't merge all of the business - the other scottish bank is still running several different systems in their treasury operation after merging with Howard's lot.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MobileCheese View Post
                Apparently this wasnt an issue for Barclays who had announced 20,000 jobs to be axed at ABN "when" they take over!

Mailman

Comment

What should I vote for if I dont have the slightest clue what we're talking about?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

I did a gig on the ABN Basel II programme in 2006 - some of the systems were an absolute mutt although their intranet and knowledgebase was (in keeping with the analogy) the mutts-nuts.
                    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Working...
                    X