• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stephen Fry's HIV prog...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen Fry's HIV prog...

Did anyone watch this last week?

Was amazed to hear one guy speak of "gifting" HIV... Fry seemed quite appalled.

He also seemed amazed at the concept of anyone having 200 (yes two hundred) sexual partners in a weekend...

As was I...

200? That's queen-ant-like. Or something insecty anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Did anyone watch this last week?

Was amazed to hear one guy speak of "gifting" HIV... Fry seemed quite appalled.

He also seemed amazed at the concept of anyone having 200 (yes two hundred) sexual partners in a weekend...

As was I...
      Didn't watch it but were both quotes by hetro or homo chappies?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        a 19 year old lad had anal sex with 5 men, all positive to become positive himself... & to make sure, they stuck a plug up him to keep it all inside afterwards...
        and was the subsequent tab for medical care ever mentioned?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Both not hetero... (one was a STI doctor relating what a patient had told him...)

The gifting thing was particularly appalling because a 19 year old lad had anal sex with 5 men, all positive to become positive himself... & to make sure, they stuck a plug up him to keep it all inside afterwards...

It really beggars belief.

Fry appeared to be quite staggered.

May all be apocryphal of course.
          That's utterly, utterly appalling! What possibly kudos could be had from being HIV +ve? (From my own, failed medical students perspective).
          Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Both not hetero... (one was a STI doctor relating what a patient had told him...)

The gifting thing was particularly appalling because a 19 year old lad had anal sex with 5 men, all positive to become positive himself... & to make sure, they stuck a plug up him to keep it all inside afterwards...

It really beggars belief.

Fry appeared to be quite staggered.

May all be apocryphal of course.
            What is his reason for wanting to catch HIV?

Comment

What they don't tell you on these programs is the probability of contracting HIV is very low, especially if you are hetrosexual and male. Even if you have sex with someone positive the chances of a one off infection are possibly less than 1%. The higher risk comes from anal activity, shared drug abuse or frequent sexual exposure to HIV infected people.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

A rather extreme form of S&M maybe. This is the sort of stuff novels are made of, but the plot would have seemed rather far fetched.

Given that a recent US study put the lifetime cost of treating one person with HIV at $200k, it is high time that some risky life style decisions were taken into account when deciding if people get treatment. The money could be better spent on those who get ill due to little or no fault of their own.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I was listening to an interview with George Michael last saturday. He was implying that somehow, gay people who die due to aids are heroic and should be honoured. His tone was the same as other people use to discuss, e.g. the heroic war dead.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's an idea though. Trying to sort out another chunk of my pension today. I could get a much better rate if I smoked heavily and had it up the bum from 20 different blokes every night.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X