• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pimps in the lift

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimps in the lift

Just coming up in the lift and some besuited bloke, heading for another company a few floors up, says "Excuse, me, you work for <client>? I'm an IT recruitment consultant, can I give you my card and you could pass it along to the right person?"

FFS

God loves a trier, but what a git.
    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Well, when you learn some social skills and what networking is all about, you'll understand why, won't you.

Comment

When I worked in Glasgow, you used to see plenty of pros in the hotel lifts on an evening.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          When I worked in Glasgow, you used to see plenty of pros in the hotel lifts on an evening.
          "Pimps in the lift" - good name for a band...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Just coming up in the lift and some besuited bloke, heading for another company a few floors up, says "Excuse, me, you work for <client>? I'm an IT recruitment consultant, can I give you my card and you could pass it along to the right person?"

FFS

Can you give me his number he is the sort of person I want working for me. Someone who has enough drive to be prepared to talk even to the most miserable to obtain business.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I salute him and award 10/10 for effort. The only thing you can say for certain in this life is that if you don't ask, you definitely don't get.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

FWIW, I didn't just tell him to feck off, merely explained that as a humble temp I wouldn't know who the right person was, and suggested that he pop into <client>'s reception on his way down as they might be able to help him.

I'm not knocking him for trying, just for trying on me

Comment

FWIW, I didn't just tell him to feck off, merely explained that as a humble temp I wouldn't know who the right person was, and suggested that he pop into <client>'s reception on his way down as they might be able to help him.

You're making it up.

You're not related to Threaded or SandyDown by any chance, are you?

Comment

Liar, liar pants on fire. I can smell a backtrack a mile off.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
                    X