• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darling, you bastard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darling, you bastard

Protecting tax revenues
    5.93 The vast majority of business and individual taxpayers in the UK comply with their tax obligations. By contrast, avoidance of tax by a minority leads to distortion in competitive markets, unfairness between individuals and pressure on the public finances. The Government will continue to support the compliant majority while responding to avoidance and fraud with timely and targeted action. The Government will also continue to defend the tax system robustly against challenges under EU law.
    They are really going after avoidance in the paragraphs around this one.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

The Government will also continue to defend the tax system robustly against challenges under EU law.
    Could this be for when EU law upholds human rights?
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
    X