• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Performing Employment business (agent) services.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performing Employment business (agent) services.

Few questions here :

1. Can my Ltd, out-of-the-box , act as an employment business ? Or do I have to sing up somewhere ? [ EDIT] yes it can.

2. Anybody knows any internet forums or resource sites for employment agents ?

3. Do you think there will be special/different rules geverning me , if I am in a scheme like this:

UK Based end client
    (optional) UK Agent
    MyCompany located in the UK. ( I am acting as an agent )
    Subcontractor located in another EU country.

I’ve looked at:

http://www.rec.uk.com/about-recruitment = (some agent syndicate )

http://www.dti.gov.uk/employment/emp...ies/index.html

I found out their business is regulated by - Employment Agencies Act 1973 ? Seems kinda of old act. Either nobody cares about agents or they’ve been good boys not upsetting the officials.

Link here:
    http://www.netlawman.co.uk/acts/empl...egulations.php
    Last edited by 2uk; 10 October 2007, 00:08.

First things first... work out how to interview people of "the other colour"
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
      First things first... work out how to interview people of "the other colour"
      2uk, you are never going to live that post down.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
        2uk, you are never going to live that post down.
        I am mostly a consumer on this board. I am very glad to have some very experienced people answering my questions. ( Thanks ) . If my name goes very low , I will simply re-register.

Comment

You probably need to register with the DTI (or whatever they are called now).

If an employment business breaches the agency regs, you can complain, so they must be registered somewhere.

Where's DA when you need him?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            You probably need to register with the DTI (or whatever they are called now).

If an employment business breaches the agency regs, you can complain, so they must be registered somewhere.

Where's DA when you need him?

It turned out you don’t register nowhere ( unless you are in the medical arena ) ,

There are only two pieces of regs that control EBs:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2003/20033319.htm

and the Act from 1973

http://www.netlawman.co.uk/acts/empl...egulations.php
            Last edited by 2uk; 10 October 2007, 00:21.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
              I am mostly a consumer on this board. I am very glad to have some very experienced people answering my questions. ( Thanks ) . If my name goes very low , I will simply re-register.
              If you do re-register can you keep the avatar as the cat looks funny in a stupid way

Comment

Leopard, spots?

Btw, you should make a great recruitment consultant, you know feck all about IT and your spelling is tulip.

I've no doubt that DodgyAgent won't be sleeping at nights, knowing that you're the competition.

Comment

LOL

is this the case of a failed contractor trying to become an agent

he'll be asking next where he can find a desktop support role to keep himself in beer tokens

Milan.

Comment

Or do I have to sing up somewhere ?
                    What has singing got to do with it? Are you going on X Factor or is this another color thing?
                    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                    X