• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aussie baiting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie baiting

Can we get back to a bit more Aussie baiting please?

We seem to have concentrated on the Kiwis of late and whilst they deserve a bit you have to feel a bit sorry for them. Rugby's about the only thing of real standing they have (apart from filming Lord of the Rings and really cheap catering quality lamb) and it's going to be hard enough for them to take. Especially for the players, some of whom are actually from NZ.

No please can we get back onto the Aussies who still remain arrogant, even after defeat, with all this talk of a humiliating defeat to a sub-standard team. I've even had emails from Welsh fans who were delighted England dumped them out of the World Cup.

Where's GeorgeGregan these days? Has he left the board?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Can we get back to a bit more Aussie baiting please?

We seem to have concentrated on the Kiwis of late and whilst they deserve a bit you have to feel a bit sorry for them. Rugby's about the only thing of real standing they have (apart from filming Lord of the Rings and really cheap catering quality lamb) and it's going to be hard enough for them to take. Especially for the players, some of whom are actually from NZ.

No please can we get back onto the Aussies who still remain arrogant, even after defeat, with all this talk of a humiliating defeat to a sub-standard team. I've even had emails from Welsh fans who were delighted England dumped them out of the World Cup.

Where's GeorgeGregan these days? Has he left the board?
    The Aussies do not seem to be rising to the bait. One of my aussie mates rang me pissed from Sydney at half time in the England/Oz match to give me some stick. At the end of the game needless to say his phone was dead.

They are starving us of the oxygen for gloating, which is why we are left with the kiwis.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I couldn't give a flying f... about the rugby, but well done England. It's good for the game.
      Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

The Aussies seem to have disappeared from the face of the Earth! Has someone committed okkercide? We should be told...

Comment

All the Aussies have gone to ground at my place of work.

Those I have caught up with claim Rugby Union "isn't a big sport back home".
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            Those I have caught up with claim Rugby Union "isn't a big sport back home".

Yeah cricket isn't big here either.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Apparently, a man was found on the bank of the Thames, wearing an Australian rugby shirt, stockings, suspenders, bright red lipstick, and with an inflatable doll on his knob and a dildo up his arse.

The police removed the shirt to save his family any embarrassment.

Comment

Just spare a though for all the Aussies and Kiwi's now stuck in Paris till the 21st of October with tickets for matches they dont want to see, in a city they dont want to be in waiting for flights home that they can't change and that has all already been paid for up front. Poor Lambs
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Just spare a though for all the Aussies and Kiwi's now stuck in Paris till the 21st of October with tickets for matches they dont want to see, in a city they dont want to be in waiting for flights home that they can't change and that has all already been paid for up front. Poor Lambs
                  Plenty of relevant advice and tips available from England fans in a variety of sports. When I lived in Oz the locals were always confused by the english ability to carry on partying despite being on the end of yet another good hiding. Must say my Oz mates are taking it well and have turned on their own team rather than blaming the ref etc etc Not a peep out of any NZers, I think a long sulk has just started !
                  Last edited by rootsnall; 10 October 2007, 09:03.

Comment

Especially for the players, some of whom are actually from NZ.
                    I dont like the loss, but this kind of comment is kind of irritating. As posted on the other thread, NZ suppiled 59 players to the RWC, exporting 29 and having only 8 from other countries (7 of which arrived in NZ before they turned 5 years old). The reason I dont like it is the racist undertones ( not your comment specifically obviously).. there is a perception in the UK media that if a NZ player has brown skin and a funny name, they are not a New Zealander. NZ has more polynesians than any other country on earth, its only natural our team will reflect this fact.

Sorry to get all serious on a piss take thread..... as you were, back to the baiting. Of which Dodgy is clearly the master... master baiter if you will.

Comment

Working...
                    X