• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World Stock Markets - Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Stock Markets - Boomed!

With all this doom and gloom around the credit crunch, US and UK housing markets etc. its remarkable how well the markets are doing at the moment.
    The FTSE is now not far off 1000 points higher than its summer low, emerging markets booming, commodities booming, gold stocks in particular booming, even some Global Financials funds have recovered and are doing remarkably well considering the losses some investment banks have declared.
    China likely to continue to rocket at least until the Olympics, US recession by no means guaranteed, and we're heading into the November to March period which usually sees the strongest growth.

Which of you sold out of everything, and is sat huddled over a parafin heater in their rented bedsit (waiting for Mr Ahmed to fix the central heating) still praying for a simultaneous stock market and property crash?

This time next year Rodders, we'll be millionaires...

(sadly, true inflation will mean a £1M is actually not very much at all)
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

suggest you read this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Crash-...2003462&sr=1-1

shudder to think, if history is to be repeated at least you know what signals to watch out for

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I love the sound of falling stock brokers...
        Broker bounce?

Comment

I particularly like the "splat" when they hit the ground...
          Just before you eat them you mean?

Comment

Ah.

I see you've detected my cunning plan...
            I think bringing down the world's financial systems, economies and societies, causing hardship to billions for many many years, may be just a bit too much for your lunch preparations.

Comment

Northern rock, last week £1.30 today £2.30
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

easy money for the brave

Milan.

Comment

wasn't in at 1.30 unfortunately, but I've made 25%
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                  X