• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soccer Players

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer Players

Not only are they overpaid woofters, but they're also as tight as a gnat's chuff.

Linky

Of course they can't afford a day's wages, their girlfriends need more new shoes.

How do we know that some players make charitable contributions but do not chose to go all public over it? Some run their own charities (I know that Kanu & David James have charties). The RCN could have shot itself & other charities in the foot because some players may now tell them that they won't be held to a form of blackmail i.e. pay me your earnings or I will go to the papers.

Still, they are overpaid.

Comment

This whole thing stinks! Nurses are public sector workers and as such get paid out of everybody’s taxes, footballers included. I don't see why a few incredibly rich and high profile people should be pressured to give over some of their after tax earnings to pay for nurses. Why isn't the same done to company execs or media types. Why is it just the footballers who are subjected to this? Also, why is it just the nurses? Are they the only low paid public sector workers?
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Soccer? SOCCER?!!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

I personally don't think they are over paid. They have a very short active career and get paid to reflect that. Won't i don't agree with is when players moan about being over paid. I'm on the opinion that you are paid a good wage so get your arse moving for those 90 mins of active play.

I remember watching the documentary about them setting up this donation scheme and think they only used footy players for the publicity side of things e.g more attention if David Beckham donated a day's wage than the head of BBC.
          Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
            Won't i don't agree with is when players moan about being over paid. I'm on the opinion that you are paid a good wage so get your arse moving for those 90 mins of active play.
            ISTR $tevie Gerard saying that he "wouldn't wish the week I've had on anyone" when he had the tough choice of whether to get paid £100k a week at Liverpool, Chelsea or Real Madrid.

Oh, the agony.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Governments do this all the time, the Pakistani earthquake and the Indian ocean tsunami only got a fraction of what was pledged.

I give to a charity on a monthly basis via the gift aid scheme, the cheeky ba5tards rang me up a few weeks ago asking if I would consider giving more… I felt like cancelling my direct debit.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The government have doubled the amount spent on the NHS over the last 10 years. Where's all that going?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                  The government have doubled the amount spent on the NHS over the last 10 years. Where's all that going?
                  To make the 3rd largest organisation in the world after the Chinese army and the Indian Railways.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    Most of us on here

Comment

Working...
                    X