• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor charity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor charity

Reading the thread about the tight soccer (sorry SA, football) players got me thinking about how much I typically donate to charidee a year and whether it was more or less than my daily rate... it is actually probably just under 1 day's rate

Wondering just how that compares to you lot (and the footballers). Add up what you donate in a year, this can be monthly DD donations, sponsored marathons/treks, big issue purchases etc and divide by your daily rate.

Poll to follow.
    19.05%
    0 - 0.5
    9.52%
    0.5 - 1
    23.81%
    1 - 2
    19.05%
    2 - 3
    0.00%
    3 - 5
    0.00%
    5+
    4.76%
    I do more fund raising activities rather than actually donate from my own pocket
    14.29%
    I am AndyW
    9.52%
    It's about time I changed this sig...

It's funny - when I used to be a permie on £17k a year, I used to have 2 direct debits go out of my account to charities (only at I think a tenner each like, but I wasn't rich in them days!) It made me feel really good about myself.

But now, I give nothing! I cancelled the direct debits a while ago for some reason, and never set them back up again.

At the same ratio I should really be giving about £100 a month really....... But feck that!

I just couldn't do that!! No way! I'd rather give it to my folks or something, not that they'd take it like, so thats a pointless thing to say...

No, it just wouldn't sit right with me giving that much money away to charity. I really have no idea why!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Ignoring my trip in December for a second, I have a monthly donation to charity of £100 each to the two charities that I support. It doesn't go very far, unfortunately, but it all helps.

How many of us wear poppies for remembrance?
      Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
        £100 each

Oh my god - you give £200 a month away?!!!!!

Jesus - I have friends who dont even have that much spare cash per month...and they have kids to feed!

It's like a half a mortgage for someone!!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          Oh my god - you give £200 a month away?!!!!!

Jesus - I have friends who dont even have that much spare cash per month...and they have kids to feed!

Yep. SSAFA and RBL both do very, very good work for the population - 36 Grays Lane is a perfect example of the good work done by SSAFA and RBLs constantcy in support (plus the Honour the Covenant campaign) are deserving of the support of all.

Comment

Indeed.. that is most generous! Even ignoring your impending .. err fun outing.

I wear a poppy.
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post

I wear a poppy.
              Good man - I'm glad to hear it! I'm going to be taking an RBL wreath with me to the pole.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Like me......

I give £1 a month to dress in my skanky cloths at work and always sponsor someone £5 for what ever they are doing.

Normally the woman who comes round the pubs on a Friday night collecting for the local air abulance gets the most out of me....most of it coppers though.

I do sometime feel bad which is why i'm now in training for the London Marathan.
                Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

That's really good that you're doing the marathon. Which charity / ies are you doing it for?

Comment

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
                    That's really good that you're doing the marathon. Which charity / ies are you doing it for?
                    Not looked that much into it at the moment i need to start my training. I used to do a lot of running when i was in my teens but then let it all go. Used to enjoy running (strange) and want to get back into it. Setting myself a taget will motivate me enough to get the training in.
                    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Working...
                    X