• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The great British fry up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The great British fry up

I'm on a contract at Canary Wharf and there are loads of places to eat but for the life of me I can't find one that does a breakfast fry up.

Anyone else working down here? Is there anywhere to get proper bacon and eggs for breakfast?

Are Frescos still operating? - they used to do a great breakefast bap!
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Not noticed that place but I need a sit down meal, with a plate (I'm doing Atkins).

Can't believe my all-singing all-dancing canteen doesn't do a cooked breakfast.

Comment

There's a place inside the shopping mall when you come off the train (underground) don't go to the main entrance - go to the route as if you are going to HSBC bank (side way escalators) then you are in the shopping mall, first shop on your left is the flower place... if you keep walking you'll see a Cafe that serves full breakfast.

Everything in CW is soooo expensive though... was there on prev contract and on a daily basis I ended spending £20-£40, now I work on a contract near home and yes it pays more than CW, not sure why IBs are being soooooo uptight re rates, any how I don't spend a penny all day (cuz am fasting now )

Comment

Ian Beale

Used to do a roaring trade in a greasy fry up a few years back. Perhaps he's still in business, I don't get time to put the telly on so much nowadays

Comment

You might find something on here.

http://www.visiteastlondon.co.uk/

Someone sent me this a while ago and it made me think I couldn't imagine a much less appealing website. On a par with www.visitmossside.co.uk or www.visitswansea.co.uk (I just made those up although they might exist).

How can you work in Canary Wharf? Whenever I have to go down there I feel like going 'postal'.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Something to do with the rate

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

How can you work in Canary Wharf? Whenever I have to go down there I feel like going 'postal'.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I don't use the tube so I'm not quite sure where this is but I'll try and find it.

As for rates this is a grand a month more for me than my previous rate which was also my best ever. Plus the job is a grade lower.

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                There's a place inside the shopping mall when you come off the train (underground) don't go to the main entrance - go to the route as if you are going to HSBC bank (side way escalators) then you are in the shopping mall, first shop on your left is the flower place... if you keep walking you'll see a Cafe that serves full breakfast.

Everything in CW is soooo expensive though... was there on prev contract and on a daily basis I ended spending £20-£40, now I work on a contract near home and yes it pays more than CW, not sure why IBs are being soooooo uptight re rates, any how I don't spend a penny all day (cuz am fasting now )

Comment

Originally posted by mbriody View Post
                  I'm on a contract at Canary Wharf and there are loads of places to eat but for the life of me I can't find one that does a breakfast fry up.

Anyone else working down here? Is there anywhere to get proper bacon and eggs for breakfast?
                  Originally posted by wxman View Post
                  Are Frescos still operating? - they used to do a great breakefast bap!
                  Fiascos (at least that's what I always thought they were called ) used to be great for breakfast, but unfortunately are not there any more, replaced by a coffee shop which was necessary because otherwise you were able to walk a whole 20 metres without passing somewhere to get a cup of coffee ).

There is a traditional looking greasy spoon at Cannon Workshops which is right next to the estate, I've not tried it though. I would guess that it is geared more towards the honest working person rather than the 'suits', given it's location.

Comment

Wonder if I'm able to post a link?

london review of breakfasts
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X