• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now it's killer ladybirds...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it's killer ladybirds...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/7037476.stm

The council wants people carrying cameras to snap the Asian insects.
    Wouldn't it be quicker stamp on them? And why do you need a camera?

Comment

Maybe you are meant to "snap" the insects by hitting them with a heavy object, such as a camera?

Comment

I think we should campaign for UK greenfly for UK ladybirds. All these immigrant ladybirds coming over here and eating our greenfly
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          I think we should campaign for UK greenfly for UK ladybirds. All these immigrant ladybirds coming over here and eating our greenfly
          Yeah Tony, I read it that way too.

Comment

Shropshire County Council is asking residents to keep their eyes peeled for Harlequin ladybirds, which are black, red or yellow with varied spots.

Nice and easy to tell them apart from other ladybirds then!! Good accurate description that!
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Maybe we should set up a border force of small birds to catch this lot when they try to enter the UK. We could also tape them to the legs of migratory birds to send 'em back.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Can't we just find out the date of the ladybird picnic then do a swoop and catch them all at the same time?
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                  Can't we just find out the date of the ladybird picnic then do a swoop and catch them all at the same time?
                  Dont you mean the Ugly Bug Ball?
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    Dont you mean the Ugly Bug Ball?
                    No as that would lead to all sorts of ugly bugs being in attendance...I really do mean the ladybirds picnic...
                    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                    X