• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed (yet again, really this time...)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed (yet again, really this time...)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7037962.stm
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

I'm selling at the moment. Put the house on the market for £400K a couple of months ago and it's still not under offer. 20 viewings and a 20K reduction and still nothing, not even an offer. Just spoke to another agent who said it should be dropped by another 10K. Sounds bad but then the houses we are looking at have gone done by 30K+. It's definetly on the way down now and in a big way.

Comment

It can't go down, too many himmigrants who need homes at subsidised rents, apparently

If you get a BTL mortgage now you can rent your property out for 90% of an interest only loan, that's only -10% shortfall for guaranteed income growth.

Any mug can see the amazing economic opportunity there, call the Northern Rock now for a 20 times income self cert
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Is that an iceberg i see? nahhhh full steam ahead
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Isn't this what was supposed to happen after putting interest rates up?

What’s the big deal? We need this so people will start moving again.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Prices are constantly going up in our area. We are just waiting for the paper Offer to come through from mortgage (thanks postal strike) and we will be moving into a house which is at the top of our budget. But i suppose we do plan on living there for a good decade so hopefully if they do drop they will raise again.

If the house prices do fall does that also mean a fall in mortgage interest rates ?
            Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

I think I may have called the top of the market.

Sold my 1 bed garden flat a couple of weeks ago (had taken 2 months to complete - won't be using those solicitors again) for 313K from an asking price of 325k.

Spoke to agent - he reckons 2 bed flats in the same road are now going for 320k.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
                If the house prices do fall does that also mean a fall in mortgage interest rates ?
                Well, house prices fell dramtically in the late 80s early 90s due to rising interest rates were >10% for a long time. IMHO don't buy now.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  I think I may have called the top of the market.

Sold my 1 bed garden flat a couple of weeks ago (had taken 2 months to complete - won't be using those solicitors again) for 313K from an asking price of 325k.

Spoke to agent - he reckons 2 bed flats in the same road are now going for 320k.

what's wrong with 2 months? Sounds reasonable to me.
                  So you sold at 313K and now they're going for 320K.
                  So their still rising in your area.
                  How is that the top of the market?
                  It's still going up.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Isn't this what was supposed to happen after putting interest rates up?

What’s the big deal? We need this so people will start moving again.
                    What he said.

Comment

Working...
                    X