• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

who is messing me around???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who is messing me around???

i use an umbrella, the biggest one i think and i shall call them P...

i'm working through an agency, who at least 7 other contractors have had issues with payments, and they ltd co so i believe this to not be the fault of P.

P regularly dont receive payments, yet the agency say the money has left their bank. they've apparently got 3 traces to find 3 lost payments, one from mid August, 2 from last month.

who is telling the truth? no one appears to be giving me updates. i have to do all the chasing. the agency boss swore to me they dont withhold payments or mess people around, yet when i mentioned that everyone i spoke had issues with them, he waffled round it... i have no hard evidence who is at blame here... I'm moving from P to nolongerltd soon anyway.

what can i do? i'm being offered an extension and due to the payment issues, i dont want to take it. i dont mind the role, but i cant be fussed with the messing around. i've told the company i will make a decision on the extension mid next week (it ends on the 19/10) and i've explained to them the issues with payments.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Sounds like the problem is with the agency.

Tell the agency you have had the offer of the extension, but are unhappy with the payments problems - ask them to prove that the money had left their accounts on the dates they said - if it's true then dump P and find another Umb.

If the agents can't back up their claims, then assume that the agency is at fault and tell them as they are in breach of contract you're going to terminate the contract with them, and go through a different agency.
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

seconded

if the agency is the innocent party and you are about to sign for the extension then you have the upperhand and they'll happily prove it wasnt them to keep your business, if not move on and put them down on your personal 'agency blacklist'.
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I'd recommend trying another brolly - Contractor Umbrella look after me and they're very good
        Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

cheers all, since posting, P have found 2 of the payments and admitted fault. i sent them off to look for the other missing one!

this is why i'm leaving them next week anyway.
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            cheers all, since posting, P have found 2 of the payments and admitted fault. i sent them off to look for the other missing one!

this is why i'm leaving them next week anyway.

I'd wait till I got all my money first...
            Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
            X