• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotel in London.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel in London.

We're staying the whole weekend of the CUK Xmas do, and we need somewhere to stay.

Last year we stoped at the Sanderson, but I got a bit p*ssed off with the bar (which is the most important bit, lets be honest!) so I dont want to stay there again.

I love St Martins Lane hotel too, but I've stayed there before.

What I'm looknig for is uber swankyness (as it'll be our AGM after all)
    Excellent cocktail/brandy bar
    Perfect location for shopping on the Saturday (although, everywhere in London is easy to get to I think).
    Easy enough to meet you lot on the Firday (which we cant answer, as we dont know where we're going yet!)

Any ideas?

I was thinking of the Met, but I'm not sure where Park Lane is in relation to anything (except on a monopoly board!)
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    We're staying the whole weekend of the CUK Xmas do, and we need somewhere to stay.

Last year we stoped at the Sanderson, but I got a bit p*ssed off with the bar (which is the most important bit, lets be honest!) so I dont want to stay there again.

I love St Martins Lane hotel too, but I've stayed there before.

What I'm looknig for is uber swankyness (as it'll be our AGM after all)
    Excellent cocktail/brandy bar
    Perfect location for shopping on the Saturday (although, everywhere in London is easy to get to I think).
    Easy enough to meet you lot on the Firday (which we cant answer, as we dont know where we're going yet!)

Any ideas?

I was thinking of the Met, but I'm not sure where Park Lane is in relation to anything (except on a monopoly board!)
    There's Le Meridien on Piccadilly that's very nice.
    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

The Kensington is also very nice...
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Selfridge's Hotel. Very nice and very well placed for shopping.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Claridge's

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
            Selfridge's Hotel. Very nice and very well placed for shopping.

Looks nice from the photos, rooms are very small, but ideal location and cheap if book through lastminute secret rooms (cira £80). 6/10.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The one a liverpool street station (Great Eastern?) - aurora is a great restuarant/cocktail bar.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                The one a liverpool street station (Great Eastern?) - aurora is a great restuarant/cocktail bar.
                If you're going to aurora let me know and I'll make sure that there's a wee something behind the bar for you. I'll be there in spirit, if not in body!
                Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

From Moneysaving Expert...

Find secret rooms if you have detective skills

Lastminute.com* sells discounted 'top secret' rooms, where it won't reveal the hotel until you've booked it. Yet it's often possible to cannily work out which hotel you're booking then compare the price.

First try copying and pasting the hotel description into Google and see what comes up; often the same text is used by many hotel booking sites, or just one key phrase. If this doesn't work, sort the list of hotels on lastminute.com into "closest to" order from a given point, and compare this to the distance the secret hotel is away. If the descriptions and distance are similar it's likely you've found the hotel.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    From Moneysaving Expert...

Find secret rooms if you have detective skills

Lastminute.com* sells discounted 'top secret' rooms, where it won't reveal the hotel until you've booked it. Yet it's often possible to cannily work out which hotel you're booking then compare the price.

First try copying and pasting the hotel description into Google and see what comes up; often the same text is used by many hotel booking sites, or just one key phrase. If this doesn't work, sort the list of hotels on lastminute.com into "closest to" order from a given point, and compare this to the distance the secret hotel is away. If the descriptions and distance are similar it's likely you've found the hotel.
                    Ooo, sneaky, but I like it...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X