• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Startup event in London- November

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Startup event in London- November

I’m going to this next month:

http://www.bstartup.com/index.asp

Meant to go to the last one, but something came up – anyone else fancy it?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

I might join ya if I am still on the bench

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      I’m going to this next month:

http://www.bstartup.com/index.asp

Meant to go to the last one, but something came up – anyone else fancy it?
      It's just down the road from me so I might pop in on the Saturday.

Is there a bar?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Is there a bar?
        No, just lots of people trying to flog you stuff.
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          It's just down the road from me so I might pop in on the Saturday.

Is there a bar?
          There is for the beer festival - not sure about this one though
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

It might make sense to take a look. Or at least report back any ideas on growing our Contracting Businesses. Extra revenue streams and other such daft expressions.
            When you encounter speed humps, sound your horn in protest.

Comment

Have you seen the speakers...mostly failed reality show contestants trying to sell their consultancy to others - obviously a couple of months tell fat boy Sugar he's great qualifies you to give advice better than people who've real experience...

God this country makes you despair...

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
                Have you seen the speakers...mostly failed reality show contestants trying to sell their consultancy to others - obviously a couple of months tell fat boy Sugar he's great qualifies you to give advice better than people who've real experience...

God this country makes you despair...
                You sound like a successful business person - what's your secret? This event will be an investment of time I hope to get something from to benefit my business. Please tell me a better alternative - I really don't want to waste my valuable time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  You sound like a successful business person - what's your secret? This event will be an investment of time I hope to get something from to benefit my business. Please tell me a better alternative - I really don't want to waste my valuable time.
                  I wouldn't profess to be a successful business person, and not sure what your business is....but I just find it ridiculous the ability of some people who class themselves as Business experts / Management consultants who are late 20's with perhaps only a Cap Gemini boot camp to go on.

I've worked with some very good management / business consultants - but they're all in their 40s / 50s / 60s and have been around a lot of companies. That Michelle Dilberry / Ruth Badger thing is just embarassing - fine for running a branch of Top Shop - but not real major businesses...

To try and not just be a whinging git (although it comes easily ) - have you tried reading some good economics / management books? Or try and get involved with a good consultancy (i.e. not body shop merchants) - you learn far more being around good people.

Comment

I’m doing an online business growth training course that’s specifically geared to online businesses like mine. It’s distance learning though and all the physical events are in Florida but I hope to be in a position to attend them very soon. It’s a great course all the same so I don’t have room for any more consulting from anyone else.

I think this event in Olympia will be good just to meet like minded people and network more than anything. I fully expect to be flogged everything under the sun but that’s the way these free events go.

I am reading lots of books by some quite well known authors, mainly sales and marketing at the moment as I am in start up phase right now so the priority is to get the money rolling in – then learn how to manage it and grow steadily.

I feckin hate being a 1-man-band (apart from outsourcers), can’t wait to start delegating as much as possible

Comment

Working...
                    X