• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst health and safety BS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst health and safety BS

Talking about Lois Lane's blatant disregard for health and safety considerations and lack of correct risk assesments...

Where I'm working at the moment they had at one stage a sign telling you to hold the handrail at all stairwells, as arrows on the stairs to show you to keep to the left hand side - avoiding any potential stairway collisions...

Even the flaming screensaver tells you to be careful.....grrrrr

If anyone hasn't got the sense to be careful - don't put a sign up - sack the halfwits!!!

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    Talking about Lois Lane's blatant disregard for health and safety considerations and lack of correct risk assesments...

Where I'm working at the moment they had at one stage a sign telling you to hold the handrail at all stairwells, as arrows on the stairs to show you to keep to the left hand side - avoiding any potential stairway collisions...

Even the flaming screensaver tells you to be careful.....grrrrr

If anyone hasn't got the sense to be careful - don't put a sign up - sack the halfwits!!!
    Giving us earplugs when going to war.

I sh!t you not.
    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

You're not at BP are you? I got told off there in my last week for not following the correct stairs procedure because I was using my phone and not holding the handrail. At each set of stairs it had a sign with instructions for use on it.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

If anyone is injured or killed by ignoring basic safety precautions then it will only mrove the gene pool of the human race.

The only reson these basic warnings have proliferated is that companies don't want to run the risk of "frivolous" lawsuits.
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          You're not at BP are you? I got told off there in my last week for not following the correct stairs procedure because I was using my phone and not holding the handrail. At each set of stairs it had a sign with instructions for use on it.
          No - but another utility...you can understand if you're digging holes / on rigs / operating machinery etc...but in an office....FFS

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            I'm in a similar location with 'touch me' stickers on all the handrails.

Comment

We have to type on the keyboard using our toes on alternate days to avoid RSI.

Comment

All new starters here (even the temp receptionist!!) undergo a mornings' H & S instruction, which includes a half hour video on the correct way to lift boxes.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  I'm in a similar location with 'touch me' stickers on all the handrails.
                  Oh the fun you could have peeling the stickers off and placing them elsewhere...

could think of several young lady's chairs (with the sticky bit facing up...)

Comment

Last client place had yellow stickers put on the glass of all the doors telling people to check the "vision panel" before opening the doors.

In the first two weeks more people were hit by opening doors then in the previous months I was there due to people on the other side opening doors while reading the stickers.

Oh and if someone was doing something dangerous we all had the option of telling them to "Stop! That's dangerous." Then to refuse to carry on working until a company H&E person was notified.

The client became a subsidary of an US company with industrial sites where there was one death in the last 2 years and a few serious accidents including someone being hit by a reversing car in an office "parking lot".
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X