• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We got off lightly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got off lightly

And Dida got banned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/7034017.stm

In summary;

Celtic have been fined £25,000 and AC Milan goalkeeper Dida has been banned for two matches following trouble at the recent Champions League game.
    Me, me, me...

Yes ya dancer - read this quote though from their lawyer:

AC Milan lawyer Leandro Cantamessa blasted the decision.

Cantamessa is perplexed as to why Celtic have escaped with a fine.

In remarks on the www.acmilan.com website, Cantamessa said: "The impact of the sentence is disproportionate and illogical.

"Anyone can see that the pitch invasion had an impact and having to put up with it (the invasion) another.
    WT is he smoking - had an impact - what in the last few minutes of the game their keeper made a complete tw@t of himself. So if he's perplexed with a fine what is he suggesting?

Even the club admit the keeper was silly - only a lawyer, eh.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

How can one idiot running onto the pitch be called an invasion

Then again, if he was an Italian fan running backwards it could be called a retreat...
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        Yes ya dancer - read this quote though from their lawyer:

WT is he smoking - had an impact - what in the last few minutes of the game their keeper made a complete tw@t of himself. So if he's perplexed with a fine what is he suggesting?

Even the club admit the keeper was silly - only a lawyer, eh.
        They got off lighlty becasue of the precedents already set. OK, the goalie was a twerp, but it was a Celtic fan that ran on and caused it and with the other precedents set, they could have forfeited the match...

I forget who the other teams were but I think it was Denmark v Sweden and AC v Inter Milan...or close to.....
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

"We got off lightly"?

Wtf? I didn't see you on the pitch!

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
            They got off lighlty becasue of the precedents already set. OK, the goalie was a twerp, but it was a Celtic fan that ran on and caused it and with the other precedents set, they could have forfeited the match...

I forget who the other teams were but I think it was Denmark v Sweden and AC v Inter Milan...or close to.....
            Celtic fan runs on pitch, taps keeper on shoulder and dances away.

Denmark Sweden - danish fans runs on pitch and assults referee after he'd given a penalty. Denmark forfeit game 3-0.

Ac Milan vs Inter - Dida (Again) goes down in a heap after getting hit on shoulder with a flare (BTW Which means he knows fine well what his team could possibly gain by going down - hence why it's an even more heinous act). Next four games they play behind closed doors, awarded to AC.

I wouldn't exactly say the first incident compares with the last two - and if we go down the road of automatic forfeit, regardless of the actual case how soon before fans cotton on to this and decide to help their team out - donning wrong colours etc?

The fine is low, but appropriate I beleive - and I htink Dida should have been banned for longer - he's a fecking disgrace to the game, and I'd be happy if he never played again.
            Last edited by snaw; 12 October 2007, 07:52.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Celtic fan runs on pitch, taps keeper on shoulder and dances away.

Denmark Sweden - danish fans runs on pitch and assults referee after he'd given a penalty. Denmark forfeit game 3-0.

Ac Milan vs Inter - Diafa (Again) goes down in a heap after getting hit on shoulder with a flare (BTW Which means he knows fine well what his team could possibly gain by going down - hence why it's an even more heinous act). Next four games they play behind closed doors, awarded to AC.

I wouldn't exactly say the first incident compares with the last two - and if we go down the road of automatic forfeit, regardless of the actual case how soon before fans cotton on to this and decide to help their team out - donning wrong colours etc?

The fine is low, but appropriate I beleive - and I htink Dida should have been banned for longer - he's a fecking disgrace to the game, and I'd be happy if he never played again.
              The incident may not have been as severe but the principle was the same. All in all, you got off very lightly...
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
              X