• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Role Models

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Role Models

Is it bad that my role models are Peter Griffin and Red Foreman?

Originally posted by tay View Post
    I think it probably is, but I had to google both of them to know what you're on about.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I appreciate the effort Mr Mule.

Comment

I appreciate the effort Mr Mule.
        You're welcome. I appreciate the diversion as I'm just killing time until the taxi arrives to whisk me away home...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Better than Nick Griffin at any rate.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Possibly.

Who are they?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Personality
              Peter is consistently depicted as crude and lowbrow. He enjoys activities such as going to up-market tailors and farting inside the suits. His favorite pastime is watching TV. A running gag on the show is Peter's preference for Pauly Shore movies over classic films such as The Godfather and Citizen Kane. He is also a huge Kiss fan and followed them during the KissStock shows and even got a copy of Kiss Saves Santa for Christmas. An I.Q. test confirms he is mentally retarded, which is referred to (albeit infrequently) in subsequent episodes.

[edit] Health
              Peter is overweight, a heavy drinker, and accident-prone, and retarded. Yet in cartoon fashion, Peter is shown recovering quickly from serious injuries, and in some episodes displays enormous strength, such as when singlehandedly challenging a professional football team in "Patriot Games".
              Red is married to Kitty Forman (born Sigurdson) (Debra Jo Rupp). He is a tough, no-nonsense father and tends to favor his daughter Laurie (Lisa Robin Kelly & Christina Moore) over his son Eric (Topher Grace), whom he considers soft, skinny, twitchy, and wimpy. He always sees Laurie as "Daddy's Little Girl" instead of the mean-spirited, promiscuous person she truly is, but becomes wiser to her in the second season after finding out she lied to him about moving in with a friend when she was really living with a young man.

Red degrades his son Eric by calling him (and his friends) a "dumbass", among other names

Red's hobbies include working with his power tools, drinking beer, watching television.

Red has very specific ideas about what men can and cannot do, believing that they should keep their emotions bottled up and be skilled at physical sports like hunting and football. He does not think they should hug or express "love" for each other; he once warned Eric that if Eric told him he loved him, Red's heart would explode. He also has a hard time expressing his own emotions except when he is angry:
              Pretty much a combination of them is my goal.

Comment

Working...
              X