• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

None Marrieds only

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None Marrieds only

well seings as "they" have their marraige thread..

So lets find out what the state of CUK is in for the rest of us..
    Single but looking / i get around a bit / nothing stable
    45.45%
    Single not looking/ no-one will have me / against my religion
    18.18%
    With partner / at it like bunnies, but marraige? ooo not yet
    31.82%
    Divorced, not looking, their all scum
    4.55%
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Well the present Mrs B and I have 3 failed marriages between us. We've been together 6 years now and no signs of it going wrong. The difference this time? We aren't married and don't ever intend to be. Maybe I'm cynical but as far as we are concerned marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

None
      Non

Edit:

Single, not looking. Seen far too many blokes get ****ed over by evil women to want any of that. Which is a shame as I am working at a place with a lot of very good looking women but they are all irrational bimbos that obsess about how many calories they have eaten? WTF get a life.
      Last edited by Sockpuppet; 13 October 2007, 09:50.

Comment

Single, with a girly but not living together. After having 2 serious attachments, I don't think I want to live with anyone again.

I agree with sockpuppet's comments. I've also seen too many people break up and come away with nothing, after they get financially screwed over. I have too much to gamble, my mortgage is now paid off so why risk that on someone who comes along with pretty much sod all in terms of money or assets? Shoes and handbags are no good to me!

One of my friends is still with his "trophy wife", yeah she's nice to look at, but then again so is a decent car. She's like a spoilt child... has to have everything. I couldn't put up with that.

Far too many women I meet are looking for an easy ride. Unless I meet someone with equal assets to me, I'll never get serious with them.

A recent example of "shallow women" is this... I met some girl in a bar and we had a laugh and giggle, she asked what I did for a living, where I lived and what car I drove. So I told her I had a good job, but I lived in a rented council house and didn't have a car (just a bus pass). She was off like a greyhound...
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Availability: Immediate.

I've been lucky enough to have had several long-term relationships with intelligent, attractive and, rarest of all, completely sane women, each of which ended amicably when we both felt that it had run its natural course. None of these women were interested in marriage, being of a generation that regarded it as "just a piece of paper".

Then I met a women who I fell totally in love with and got engaged to; she turned out to be a complete loon, who one day upped and left me for an old friend of hers, whom she married.

Her previous husband had topped himself after she left him (admittedly, years of drug and alcohol abuse was a factor); maybe that should have been more of a warning sign to me.

Ah well, still willing to give it a go; maybe the next time it'll work out right

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Then I met a women who I fell totally in love with and got engaged to; she turned out to be a complete loon, who one day upped and left me for an old friend of hers, whom she married.
            You had a narrow escape there, you really should thank your lucky stars it worked out that way!
            Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Well the present Mrs B and I have 3 failed marriages between us. We've been together 6 years now and no signs of it going wrong. The difference this time? We aren't married and don't ever intend to be. Maybe I'm cynical but as far as we are concerned marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be.
              Which implies that marriage isn't just a piece of paper. What is the difference then? What is it about marriage that screws up an otherwise perfect relationship?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm reminded of the old Private Eye euphemism.

"Strange how he never married"
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Had an "deep" conversation with one of my girl mates last night. Ok, I was drunk and she thought she could get me to admit stuff...wasnt that drunk...women.

Anyway it turned round to why I didn't have a girl yet all my mates did. Does the phrase "not interested" carry any weight these days. Probably not.

No that doesn't mean that I don't "like" women. I love a good mattress wrestle as much as the next person but dont agree with societies you must have be in a relationship or you are a failure.

Someone once told me that "Marriage is just an acceptance that your life is what it is and isnt going to change"

I went into contracting for a life style change - I dont want a perm work or be at the same place for 20 years. If I get bored/want a change I just hand in the notice and move.

Planning to take a month off at the end of the year to go to Australia then next year I am on the offer of 6 month harvest work in America. Rubbish money but I get to visit 48 of the American states over a 6 month period staying with the same crew.

In this I don't see room for a girl. Until I have accepted that all the cool tulip in my life is over I'm going to stay foot loose and fancy free. I'm only 24. The bloke I am working with is 41 and just had a kid 1 year ago.

Kinda proves that I am not in a rush to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                    I'm only 24.
                    SP - this is the only information that matters honey. You are WAY too young to be in a serious relationship anyway. Stay single until you're well into your 30's lad.

And never feel like you have to justify why you're single - you sound like you've got your head well and truly screwed on right!

Oh, by the way...that lass who was quizzing you...she fancies you. HTH
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X