• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3rd Saturday in at home waiting for the part of the same delivery (in London)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Saturday in at home waiting for the part of the same delivery (in London)

I ordered a new plasms tv, cabinet and speakers and paid around 100 quid to have the entire order arrive on a Saturday.

There was an attempted delivery of the tv on a Thursday by B*sinesspost but
    then I had to sort that out to be delivered on the next Saturday as I paid for it. There was an attempted delivery for the cabinet the following Wednesday and a neighbour in the flat below luckily signed for it.

The speakers ,however, I've spent 3 Saturdays waiting for them from 8am-6pm and they haven't arrived, 1st B*snesspost failed, then the next Saturday C*tyLink failed now it looks like this Saturday a small independant courier service has failed.

The speakers as mentioned before are part of an entire order, the supplier is an internet company www.1st*udiov*sual.co.uk which seemed reputable, I managed to contact them via telephone (as they mainly deal with internet mail submitted queries) and they claim that they have kept re-sending the order via different couriers on different Saturdays. Strangely their internet website seemd to be really slow these days or is down (not a good sign ).

These problems occurred even before the postal strike. Can anyone here give me an advice on how to resolve this ? I paid by credit card so will they be able to help me ? or do I have to contact a solicitor ? if so can anyone recommend me a solicitor ? Also threatening to contact trading standards may help, I don't know if that is going to help me.

your advice is appreciated.

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    Be more appreciative of the fact that your problems in life revolve around not delivered in time plasma TV, rather than what to eat and drink tonight like it happens in Africa.

Comment

ah, yes right.

Its 2007 in England and our delivery services are fecked and to make the problem seem easier I'll just think about people who are starving. I'll just waste loads of my free time due to someone elses incompetance.

Well at least the credit card company seemed co-operating !

But it is true .. our problems do pale into insignificance given the relative horrors of lack of basic goods and services needed for basic survival that millions of people face in 3rd world countries.

Comment

Indeed. Just deal with the problem like a man and don't whine like a girl.

Next time try to get big retailer with real shop to price match internet quote.

Comment

Can I claim £26 a day subsistance?

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
            Can I claim £26 a day subsistance?
            No you bleeding scrounger !

Comment

These problems occurred even before the postal strike. Can anyone here give me an advice on how to resolve this ? I paid by credit card so will they be able to help me ? or do I have to contact a solicitor ? if so can anyone recommend me a solicitor ? Also threatening to contact trading standards may help, I don't know if that is going to help me.

If I read this right, you've now got everything apart from the speakers?

Talk to the credit card company - they would be able to help if the order hadn't arrived, but can be less helpful if only part of an order is missing (I ordered some stuff years back and £1000 of the £1200 order arrived, and I had to file court papers to get the rest of the kit). It may have moved on since I last needed to contact them.

If the company can prove they have tried to deliver it on the Saturdays, then they should be arguing this with their couriers, and trying to compensate you.

Try and talk to someone at the company who has a say in what happens - then I was arguing with eBuyer, they kept telling me to ring an 0870 number to complain; eventually I tracked down the email address of their MD and kept bombarding him daily until I got a response.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

No you bleeding scrounger !

.....but my umbrella has a dispensation?

Comment

Oddly enough on Thursday morning I ordered some stuff from a company in the UK and it was delivered to me in Denmark on Friday morning, i.e. the very next day.

The company apologised in advance saying they were sorry as the mail was on strike.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
                    .....but my umbrella has a dispensation?
                    Stop it - in the absence of a <sarcasm> tag, people will think it's a serious question.

Off to get my plasma and expense it, as I have a dispensation...
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X