• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swing low, sweet chariot ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing low, sweet chariot ....

Blub sob....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I am off to the bookies to make a bet

Comment

I made a bet at the start. SA to win the World Cup.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Very patriotic

Comment

I made a bet on Betfair in June, £100 on South Africa to win at 8.7. After the quarter-final weekend I layed them at 2.3. So if they don't win, I break even, if they do I clear something like £600.

Comment

Feck feckity feck...I could have gone
            from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7043225.stm
            1828: "Right - we're here at the stadium - and the first thing we saw as we exited the Saint-Dennis Porte de Paris station was a bunch of Kiwis fans waving tickets to sell. It's absolutely mobbo with All Black fans and tickets are not hard to come by.
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
              I made a bet on Betfair in June, £100 on South Africa to win at 8.7. After the quarter-final weekend I layed them at 2.3. So if they don't win, I break even, if they do I clear something like £600.
              Rookie error. If you are going to bet this way you should lay more on them losing. That way you make a profit whatever the result.

It is a nice feeling when you make money backing a winner, but if you are in a position to make money whatever the result it is better to close out the position.

Comment

SWING LOW ...

I'll be glad to lose my money when we skin SA next weekend. Gotta sober up.
                Last edited by sasguru; 14 October 2007, 07:51.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

If England win it I'll quadruple my modest gains.

From the start I've hoped that whoever wins this cup, it isn't the saffers. Saffers are mostly unpleasant.

Comment

Your bet is looking better than mine
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X