• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soon to be married's only!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon to be married's only!

We've had the "marrieds only" and "single's only" but us "soon to be married's" lot dont really fit in to either!!

So come on - how do you feel about it?

(You can choose more than 1 option!)

Personally, I think I'm very realistic. I'm very excited to be married, although not so bothered about the "big day". I think I'd rather just nick off somewhere just the two of us to be honest!

I'm also a bit scared in case married life sucks and we start fighting all the time or something.

Me and my other half know each other very very well, and most of the time get on fantastically, but we've had 2 of our most established, loved up and generally happiest couples split up over the last year (who've both been together about 10 years and seemed solid as rocks)...so it's hard to be on cloud 9 really.

I guess I'm going into it with the attitude of "he's my best mate and I want to be around him for as long as I can possibly see"...but I can't say with any certainty if it'll last. Which kind of sucks really, cause I really want it too.
    Wish I'd never proposed/accepted!
    0.00%
    Excited!
    20.83%
    Bricking it!!!
    4.17%
    Nervous!
    16.67%
    It's going to cost a fortune!!!
    16.67%
    Bridezilla has already appearred!
    4.17%
    Well, I HATE the in laws now.
    0.00%
    My other half is the best in the world.
    16.67%
    Cant wait to start having babies :-)
    4.17%
    I am AndyW
    16.67%
    Last edited by SallyAnne; 15 October 2007, 07:42.
    The pope is a tard.

First ask yourself "why are we getting married"
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Oi!! This isn't a thread for you miserable lot to make us feel sh*t about getting married...it's for us to talk about how we feel about it, amongst ourselves.

So b*gger off!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Marriage is an institution they say........so is fookin Broadmoor but I don't wanna go there either!!!
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Then ask yourself, what are the legal disadvantages of just living together.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Then ask yourself, what are the legal disadvantages of just living together.
            Nothing that cannot be overcome by forward planning and astute lawyers

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              Oi!! This isn't a thread for you miserable lot to make us feel sh*t about getting married...it's for us to talk about how we feel about it, amongst ourselves.

So b*gger off!
              Ahh you've smelt the wedding cake and nothing is going to put you off!
              Most females seem to have been sold the Cinderella story.... everything in life is about finding & marrying Prince Charming

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                Marriage is an institution they say........so is fookin Broadmoor but I don't wanna go there either!!!

I applaud you.

Comment

So when is it due?
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's a valid question - if you have a good reason to be getting married (and I'm not going to go into what constitutes a good reason or not), and want to be getting married, then get married.

When I got married, we'd been engaged for four years - what was the point in being engaged and not getting married? The reasons for marriage were still as valid as they were when I proposed, and we knew that we were doing what felt right.

No regrets.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X