• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tunisia In December

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunisia In December

Anyone been here in December?? I would like toknow what the weather is typically like? Does it pee down with rain?

It is variable.

Generally about 15 - 20 deg c, but one year I went it was so cold the locals were dressed for Siberia (it was actaully still warm by UK standards).

Expect some cloud and maybe the odd downpour, but it is very dry, so rain shouldn't be problem.

More of a problem is the fact that the place is SO DULL and BORING.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It is variable.

Generally about 15 - 20 deg c, but one year I went it was so cold the locals were dressed for Siberia (it was actaully still warm by UK standards).

Expect some cloud and maybe the odd downpour, but it is very dry, so rain shouldn't be problem.

More of a problem is the fact that the place is SO DULL and BORING.
      Agreed. Duller than Malta, and that's saying something.

Comment

Some friends have just returned (yesterday) they said it was the crapest place they'd ever been, and they live in Croydon
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

When I was still a permie (several years ago) I went there and was so bored after 2 days I called my office and got them to send work for me to do.

Utterly, utterly sh!t.
          Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
            When I was still a permie (several years ago) I went there and was so bored after 2 days I called my office and got them to send work for me to do.

Utterly, utterly sh!t.
            I hope that the featureless, frozen wastelands you'll be trudging across for months on end have decent broadband access points, then.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
              I hope that the featureless, frozen wastelands you'll be trudging across for months on end have decent broadband access points, then.
              C'mon, it's not months on end. It's weeks.

Plus, I've got other things to worry about up there. Like, not dying.

Comment

C'mon, it's not months on end. It's weeks.

Plus, I've got other things to worry about up there. Like, not dying.
                Weeks: You hope! Try not to focus on dying. Even though it's a racing cert.:
                Polar Bears.
                Alien creatures, like in John Carpenter's "The Thing".
                Being frozen solid.
                Forgetting to pack your sandwiches & starving to death.
                Forgetting to pack your compass & getting lost.
                Gigantic, flesh-eating snowmen (maybe not, actually).

Anyway, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                  Weeks: You hope! Try not to focus on dying. Even though it's a racing cert.:

Anyway, good luck!
                  To answer the points in a bullet-pointed, contractoresque stylee...

Polar Bears. SHOTGUN
                  Alien creatures, like in John Carpenter's "The Thing". SEE ABOVE
                  Being frozen solid. HEATING, PLUS ENOUGH STOVES AND GAS TO MELT THE PACK ICE
                  Forgetting to pack your sandwiches & starving to death. SHOTGUN
                  Forgetting to pack your compass & getting lost. SATNAV
                  Gigantic, flesh-eating snowmen (maybe not, actually). SHOTGUN

Sorted ... (actually, who am I kidding, I'm soddin' terrified!).

Comment

To answer the points in a bullet-pointed, contractoresque stylee...

Polar Bears. SHOTGUN
                    Alien creatures, like in John Carpenter's "The Thing". SEE ABOVE
                    Being frozen solid. HEATING, PLUS ENOUGH STOVES AND GAS TO MELT THE PACK ICE
                    Forgetting to pack your sandwiches & starving to death. SHOTGUN
                    Forgetting to pack your compass & getting lost. SATNAV
                    Gigantic, flesh-eating snowmen (maybe not, actually). SHOTGUN

Sorted ... (actually, who am I kidding, I'm soddin' terrified!).
                    Then FFS don't forget your shotgun! Or cartridges. HTH.

Comment

Working...
                    X