• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

skiwear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skiwear

g'friend has just announced she wants to come on my snowboarding hol with me and my friends

can't tell her no as she's saved up enough for herself and I stupidly said our group was 1 short last week

so, ignoring the fact that i'm now going to have to babysit her at the end of each days lesson on nursery slopes instead of ploughing through off piste powder ..

where can i get some cheap 'ish but half decent clothes for her from?

NB: no i dont want to get her designer gear, she wont appreciate it and she can buy it herself if she wants to come next year.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    g'friend has just announced she wants to come on my snowboarding hol with me and my friends

can't tell her no as she's saved up enough for herself and I stupidly said our group was 1 short last week

so, ignoring the fact that i'm now going to have to babysit her at the end of each days lesson on nursery slopes instead of ploughing through off piste powder ..

NB: no i dont want to get her designer gear, she wont appreciate it and she can buy it herself if she wants to come next year.
    Surprisingly - a mate of mine did this and got some quite decent gear from Primark. Yes - if you can handle the shame of being seen in there, Primark.

Comment

it's her clothes, i'll send her

thanks

Comment

Decathlon do some decent gear which won't cost you an arm and a leg.

I have found its good to get the basic gear for starters and then upgrade when your beter or you have trashed the cheaper stuff.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/Produc...ard/index.html

(i for some reason can't get the link button to work)
        Last edited by Swiss Tony; 15 October 2007, 13:11. Reason: linky
        "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Chef,

wait 'til the end of the season and then you'll get some real bargains

and really, you're gonna be a double sad fecker because:

. you're mates will be out every night having a great time

. you won't be so happy at home cos you'll be wanting to be out with the lads

. lads are gonna take the p especially when they get back bladdered

Alright, enough of this glass half full

what would I do ?

Tell the Mrs that if she wants to go skiing then you want to go only with here and NOT with her and the lads, and therefore, book a second skiing trip for you and the Mrs

I would suggest make your trip to Italy Sella Ronda and make it mid March therefore out of main season lower prices AND the sun is shining at that time of year and your Mrs will get a pre-summer sun tan

Howzat ?

Heads you win, tails you win.

Milan.

Comment

I got some excellent ski trousers from TK Maxx.

Designer gear at discount prices (if you can bear the indignity of wearing last season's colours...)
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Snow and Rock do a starter kit with everything you need for about £200 all in.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

Ask around and borrow some from somebody - anyone been doing it a while has probably got spares of most things (I got at least two sets of everything, plus + extra boards etc), or just have some they're not using at the same time.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Tell the Mrs that if she wants to go skiing then you want to go only with here and NOT with her and the lads, and therefore, book a second skiing trip for you and the Mrs

I would suggest make your trip to Italy Sella Ronda and make it mid March therefore out of main season lower prices AND the sun is shining at that time of year and your Mrs will get a pre-summer sun tan
                  milan your a genius.. thinking as a contractor as always.

ok, not been skiiing in italy,

have always been to Courchevel (3 Valleys, French Alps).

Will there still be snow there mid march?

<chef now in upbeat mood thinking of 2 winter hol's >
                  Last edited by chef; 15 October 2007, 13:34. Reason: quoting went skewif

Comment

oh my gawd

Snaw, for feck's sake I have never seen anything like what you have just suggested...

jeeez

borrow somebody else's SWEATY skiing gear

how low can you go

and you have the cheek to take the p out of my passat

seen it all now you poor sad fecker

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X