• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What should I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do?

I work with this middle aged slightly chunky strawberry blonde (ginger) woman, and she keeps using teenage boy compuer game slang in meetings, its getting a little bit embarassing and people are starting chortle behind her back (we are not sniggering yet, but its only a matter of time till things escalate to sniggering). Just today when some poor guy made a mistake she shrieked "NOOB!!" and giggled... should I confront this northern lass and tell her that she doesnt need to talk like a teenage geek to fit in with middle aged geeks?

Sally Anne?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just give her some cheese or chocolate to keep her quiet - that's what I always do.

And well done for being able to understand a Geordie accent - I have to keep referring to my copy of "Larn Yersel' Geordie" so that I can understand what is being said at me (rather than to me).
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Sally Anne?
        sounds like her doesn't it Noob
        Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          I work with this middle aged slightly chunky strawberry blonde (ginger) woman, and she keeps using teenage boy compuer game slang in meetings, its getting a little bit embarassing and people are starting chortle behind her back (we are not sniggering yet, but its only a matter of time till things escalate to sniggering). Just today when some poor guy made a mistake she shrieked "NOOB!!" and giggled... should I confront this northern lass and tell her that she doesnt need to talk like a teenage geek to fit in with middle aged geeks?
          Offer her a wispa and make her eat it there and then in exchange for your silence...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Offer her a wispa and make her eat it there and then in exchange for your silence...
            Make sure you're sitting down behind a desk first though.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Open this thread up on her computer while she's away from her desk.

Comment

Count yourself lucky... I've just had a coffee with a chap who is wearing ladies undercrackers and makes sure that you catch a glance..

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Count yourself lucky... I've just had a coffee with a chap who is wearing ladies undercrackers and makes sure that you catch a glance..
                  Does he have a Porsche as a second car, own a motorboat, and need the to use the Masons as a sort of social crutch due to a hugely over-developed insecurity complex?
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Does he have a Porsche as a second car, own a motorboat, and need the to use the Masons as a sort of social crutch due to a hugely over-developed insecurity complex?
                    No, he's probably a Scot with a penchant for smilies, a chip on his shoulder and a need to snipe at his superiors.

Without the smilies SB, we wouldn't know where to laugh. Keep at it old bhoy.

Comment

Working...
                    X