• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Gear presenters commit criminal offence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear presenters commit criminal offence

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7046498.stm

Anti-smoking campaigners have asked the BBC to apologise after Top Gear presenters Jeremy Clarkson and James May lit pipes on Sunday's show.

"Smoking in a studio is illegal. We would hope programme-makers make some form of apology," said a spokeswoman for Action on Smoking and Health (Ash).

Waverley Borough Council said it was investigating the incident at Dunsfold Aerodrome in Surrey.

The BBC declined to comment on whether or not what took place was illegal.

All three of the show's presenters pulled pipes out from under their chairs during a discussion about Porsche-branded products, but Richard Hammond did not light up, having recently given up smoking.

After putting the wrong end of the pipe in his mouth, Clarkson, 47, was seen running from the stage.

The ban on smoking in enclosed public spaces in England was introduced in July, following similar laws in Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland.

Flouting the ban can result in fines of up to £50 for individuals and £2,500 for businesses who allow people to smoke on their premises.

What do you think? Should they perhaps be imprisoned for this grave criminal offence? Should parole be an option?

What a non-story about non-talents.

Comment

String them up!

Comment

more PC rubbish...
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

probably fake tobacco.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
            more PC rubbish...
            Yes, they should be forced to use Macs.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The pipe smoking episode in the Top Gear studio was faked.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

top gear should be about tobacco and all kinds of other substances anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  The pipe smoking episode in the Top Gear studio was faked.
                  Looked real enough. Particularly when Clerkson burned his tongue.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

What does the law say?

If it's only illegal to smoke tobacco then surely they would be ok with "herbs"?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X