• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you drink in a week?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you drink in a week?

There is a story in the papers that the middle classes are drinking themselves to death at home after work. Mostly drinking wine every evening.

The government of course are looking at ways to stop this.

See poll.
    Don't drink at all.
    18.52%
    Drink every day. Couple of glasses of wine.
    18.52%
    Drink every day. Bottle of wine.
    16.67%
    Drink only at social do's and at the weekend. Binge drinker.
    35.19%
    am an alcaholic. My name is Bob.
    3.70%
    am Andy VW
    7.41%

i don't do any work at work so i must be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      middle classes
      Who cares what that riff-raff drink

Comment

That's what the papers are saying. The government is hoping they all die soon to make way for hard working immigrants.

Comment

I averaged out my, "drink a few in the week" and "binges at weekends" to 1 bottle a day.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            That's what the papers are saying. The government is hoping they all die soon to make way for hard working immigrants.
            And, if they're single and die, then their estates might produce more inheritance tax!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              I averaged out my, "drink a few in the week" and "binges at weekends" to 1 bottle a day.
              beer or wine?

Comment

Why are the government moaning? Alcohol has a lot of tax on it.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just think if you didn't drink, smoke, eat red meat etc. you could live an extra 10 years, though those years would be at the sh1t end and appear to last forever. You could sit in the old peoples home reminiscing about the things you didn't do while filling your plastic knickers with poop
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I'm not drinking at the moment in prep for the expedition, but it means that when I do drink I get absolutely slaughtered on a remarkably limited amount of booze.
                    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Working...
                    X