• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Medical Insurance (Comprehensive)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Medical Insurance (Comprehensive)

can anyone recommend a good company.

BUPA are expensive.

Phoned contractor money and someone from WPA has quoted for myself, wife and child. Around £115 p/m - further 10% discount possible.

Prudential on line quote is around £100.

Went to fool.co.uk and they have a link to Prefered medical. This company searches around 35 medical insurance companies. They came back with a quote of £80 pm from Health on-line. Anyone heard of them?

Can any one recommend one of these or another company?

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post

May I recommend the NHS? Free at the point of delivery.............and they use largely the same bods anyway!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      May I recommend the NHS? Free at the point of delivery.............and they use largely the same bods anyway!
      Based on recent experience the NHS is great if you have either something trivial and quick to treat or something immediately life threatening. For everything in between you are better off going private. I'm not trying to slag off the NHS, I've always been a strong supporter of it, but in purely practical terms it is very often not the best option, unless it's your only option.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The BUPA hospitals do tend to be excrement free though, that's why SASguru can't go
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Don't worry I'm patient. Someone with a sensible answer will come along soon.
          I hope.

P.S do you get the patient joke.

Comment

Oh...yes we get it. Now get your coat....
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Don't worry I'm patient. Someone with a sensible answer will come along soon.
              I hope.

The most important thing to look for is whether they have a Machine That Goes Ping. If they don't then tell them to F**k off.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

can anyone recommend a good company.

BUPA are expensive.

Phoned contractor money and someone from WPA has quoted for myself, wife and child. Around £115 p/m - further 10% discount possible.

Prudential on line quote is around £100.

Went to fool.co.uk and they have a link to Prefered medical. This company searches around 35 medical insurance companies. They came back with a quote of £80 pm from Health on-line. Anyone heard of them?

I've heard good things about HSA, but I've had no personal experience with them...sorry
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

NHS: Fine, really, but not always fast. Also (no-brainer) make sure that any insurance actually covers you for what you'd expect. Some wriggle out of paying when you need it.

In sum: good, reliable health insurance will cost a lot - but then it should.

Comment

does anyone have PMI or do you just all spend your money on cars?

Comment

Working...
                    X